“A nice smal and central hotel in Deauville”
Review of Hotel Marie-Anne

Hotel Marie-Anne
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Deauville
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
“A nice smal and central hotel in Deauville”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I looked for a hotel in the lower pricerange. And found this five minutes walk from the train station. It is also near enough to the beach. The staf was friendly and helpful. Didnt speak english but made their best. It was clean and fresh. They also had a free wifi that worked well.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Biarritz, France
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I arrived at this hotel unannounced on a cold October night and was given a big double room with 2 windows on the top floor facing the garden. The room had a new bath room that even sported a bath tub, and both rooms were clean and smelled good. The furniture and decoration is not modern, but then neither is the building.
The beds were comfortable, the carpet was clean, the room was cozy, as indeed was the hotel at large.
I loved the quiet, period breakfast room, and breakfast itself was good and plentiful.
Staff were very helpful on arrival. They found us an utterly charming neighbourhood restaurant nearby with a great atmosphere, still serving hot, delicious typical French food -and phoned them to ensure that it was open (most of the restaurants had already closed).
Staff also took care of my car that was packed to the roof and gave it a safe parking space.
All in all a very good hotel experience, and since I travel past Deauvillle occasionally, I will certainly use this hotel again

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden. they are sunny and quiet
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank M R
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Great location. I had a room on the first floor (comfort room with shower) facing the garden. The room was fine. The window opens which is a plus in any hotel. The bathroom was tiny but manageable. Bed was comfortable. Looks like there is new carpet. The garden is absolutely beautiful. This is fine as a place to sleep. Internet was very fast and I only had to connect the first time.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank AS1824
moscow
Reviewed 23 June 2011

The hotel is 10 minutes walking from the railway station, and 5 minutes walking from the city center. Only 25 rooms, very small and cozy. I expected it to be much worse - luckily, it was much better than my expectations. Room was very nice, quite nice size for 2 people. Internet free and very good quality. The girl in reception very polite and helpful - only mind that she does not speak any English! I could communicate only in French. No room service, no breakfast (do not try to buy a hotel breakfast for 14 euro, better go to the city. Or there is a big supermarket just in front of the hotel, a bit to the left. Overall - very positive experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank EkaterinaGSM
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Yes, i agree with the other reviews that the rooms probably haven't been updated since the 80's and the walls are paper thin.. but all in all, i thought it was a decent stay considering the room was 110 Euros and it was pretty centrally located. Plus we had parking for our car, and the exterior of the hotel is really cute! We stayed in the back house and to get there, you had to pass through a charming terrace/garden which I thought gave the hotel a charming atmosphere.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 July 2010

When I arrived at the hotel, I was shown to an annexe at the rear. We went up a dark stairway to an even darker corridor with an overwhelming smell of damp and decay. I was given a very small room, which also smelled strongly of damp and decay. There was a hard bed, which seemed to be homemade of plywood. A rough cubicle had been carved out of a corner of the room, again with plywood and contained a shower stall so small I could not get into it.

I went for a walk, then returned and said I was unhappy with the room. The desk clerk's response was that their rooms in the main hotel were much better; they knew the annexe rooms were terrible, but they could not give Venere customers (I had booked through the Venere.com website) anything better at the price - €130 per night for a single room. I said that I wanted to leave. The clerk insisted I pay in full for the night (I had arrived only an hour earlier) as Venere would not permit them to waive or even reduce the room charge. He indicated that there would be "consequences" if I refused to pay, and I did so. I subsequently got a far better room for €100 in a hotel with a higher Michelin rating one minute's walk away.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Deauville hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 July 2010

The only positive thing I could say about this hotel was that it's centrally located. Unfortunately, there were many cons:

1. The rooms were dirty. The carpets had browns spots all over them - looked like they hadn't been replaced in 25 years. The bedspread was disgusting - the kind that cheap motels from the 80's use (as opposed to duvet's with washable duvet covers).

2. For a 3 star hotel in Deauville, this place was way overpriced.

3. When we arrived in the room, it had a really strong fake perfumey odor - they had one of those Glade plug-in things and it was way strong and not pleasant at all.

4. The bathrooms were tiny.

Upon checkout (we only stayed one night) I mentioned to the owner that I didn't feel the hotel was satisfactory given the price - I mentioned the dirty carpets - and she was really rude and impossible, saying "C'est normal". Honestly, I don't know what's "normal" about filthy carpets.

I do NOT recommend this place.

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple