“Fun!”

Le Spinnaker
Ranked #2 of 112 Restaurants in Deauville
Price range: US$29 - US$54
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Loin des modes et des sentiers battus, dans un cadre moderne, epure et elegant, ou se conjuguent l'art de la table et les saveurs, Frederic Lesieur saura vous offrir une cuisine riche en voyage, avec des saveurs d'Asie , d'Italie et de Mediterranee. Sa cuisine gastronomique navigue sur les contrastes chaud-froid, sucre-sale croustillant-moelleux...Avec toujours a l'horizon des saveurs, des odeurs de la couleur... Le Spinnaker vous invite a un beau voyage.
Chicago, Illinois
“Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I went here with a friend of mine and we had a delightful time. We had the proposed menus and were provided with course after course of delicious food! Most of the food was very good. But I, for one, can't wait for the "foam" trend to end. Especially when the savory dishes are topped with foam. (Hopefully by summer 2014 there will be a new food trend.) The amuse bouche was delicious. The cheese cart was just delightful. For dessert, the chef came out and asked us what we wanted. My friend chose from the options and I told the chef to bring me whatever he wanted. He brought me a rum baba. It was great. He asked why I didn't eat it all, but I simply couldn't eat any more at that point! Nonetheless, the chef was amusing and joked with us. Also, the male waiters here are extremely sexy. Beautiful food to look at and taste, and a staff equally as gorgeous to look at!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Laden C
Frederic L, Propriétaire at Le Spinnaker, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
M Laden C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings to users on your dinner in our restaurant.

I am delighted that the dinner was delicious, and our services to meet your expectations as taste and in the service.

Our team is very attentive and sensitive to the returns that encourage us to persevere in our daily work and allow our customers to experience moments of happiness and relaxation among us.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant not to ignore in Deauville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Almost all restaurants are closed in winter in Deauville so we selected the one which was opened and which sounded good to us.
The restaurant is well located in the center of Deauville. Nice room. Extremely nice and professional service of the Maitre D and of the waiters. We started with Crab and salmon, followed by a roasted pigeon and Veal Chop. The veal chop was a little too dry but the taste was excellent.
The dessert presented by a Chef was excellent.
Nice restaurant where we will come back.

• Visited December 2013
Frederic L, Propriétaire at Le Spinnaker, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
M Ipesquire

I hope you and your husband are well, once again Congratulation on your wedding.

Denver, CO
“Best meal in France”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We got married at a chateaux in Normandy and wanted a special place to eat afterwards for our wedding dinner. We called in advance and not only did they prepare a special wedding dessert for us but they also had set aside a private room for us to share a meal. Service was spot on (also the best in France) and the appetizers and plats were delicious across the board. We are from Colorado so we know beef but the beef on the main menu was one of the most delicious we had ever tasted. We also loved having the saumon (salmon) three ways as a delicious starter.

In sum, they were wonderful hosts, treated us so well and delivered superb food with excellent service. As an avowed foodie, I could not give them a higher recommendation. Bravo!

Visited September 2013
Frederic L, Propriétaire at Le Spinnaker, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
M Ipesquire,

netherlands
“Excellent food and wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

It had been a couple of years since last visited Le Spinnaker. Although the food was wonderful, the restaurant itself lacked a bit of atmosphere. But last night we decided to give it another go. And that was a great idea. A slight change of décor had made the resto a bit more cosy, although not too. And the food and wine were simply very good. Although prices are quite steep, it was well worth it.

• Visited October 2013
Frederic L, Propriétaire at Le Spinnaker, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
M Adriana,

Ottawa, Canada
“Classic style well executed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

The setting is comfortable; upscale but not intimidating. The service was friendly and professional. The food was classically prepared. We had a crab salad and the egg en cocotte as appetizers. I had asked the waiter about the egg, as I couldn't imagine what one would do to an egg to make it appetizer worthy. I've seen them on several menus and was curious. He suggested that I really ought to try it, so I did. Six weeks later, it remains the most delicious single item I've eaten in France. Even as I describe it, I know I'm not doing it justice. In a tiny casserole dish was a bed of creamy spinach. The egg sat on top of that in a rich broth, and then it was topped with Parmesan. The waiter then sliced black truffle over the top. It came with toasted brioche slices for dipping. I've since ordered similar dishes three times in search of the same experience without success. I guess I'll have to go back to Deauville.

For our main course, we both ordered Sole Meunière, and it was delicious. We followed that with a selection from the cheese tray, and went home feeling well fed but not uncomfortable.

Overall, a really pleasant evening. I'll go back.

• Visited August 2013
Frederic L, Propriétaire at Le Spinnaker, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
M Daniel,