“Actually the service was great”
Review of Le Cafe de Paris

Le Cafe de Paris
Ranked #84 of 114 Restaurants in Deauville
Price range: US$28 - US$42
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set right on the boardwalk of the beautiful seaside resort of Deauville, Le Café de Paris is in a dream spot. Imagine: you’re walking hand in hand with a gorgeous lover (George Clooney if you must) when you feel that familiar rumble of hunger. All of a sudden you spot the glow of lights and hear the distant clink of glasses and cutlery. It’s Le Café de Paris, a contemporary, cool restaurant – decorated in warm, modern shades of red and with fresh flowers on every table. The atmosphere gently buzzes as professional wait staff appear at your elbow ready to take your order. Seafood is, of course, a speciality – what else would you want after feeling the sea breeze in your hair?
Reviewed 17 October 2013

From the moment I said "Bon Jour" the waiter spoke to me English. I guess he could tell ;-). Though I spoke to him in French, he continued to speak to me in English, which seemed a nice courtesy. A nice lunch, alone, outdoors, on a sunny October afternoon, watching the world go by. The restaurant was moderate to busy, I had a glass of wine and the prix fixe, I was very well attended to. The food was tasty, not exceptional, but the experience was most enjoyable..

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Visiting on a Monday night the restaurant was only two thirds full, yet the waiter seemed to only seat us reluctantly. The food was ok with my Moules Frites being the highlight. The service did not improve and the waitress forgot my partners coffee order all together .

The kids menu is the standard fare, but the icecream dessert was substandard.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We ate here on a Thursday night. We were squeezed in by the maitre d and then ignored by our waiter whilst he wandered around aimlessly. I wish we had got up and left. However we were eventually served our wine. However my husband's beer was left on the bar for 10 minutes. The food, prawns & steak, when it came was well cooked. Don't eat here if you like good service. Do come here for a cocktail if you don't mind a long wait.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Great location but rather cramped seating. Be prepared to pay 17 euro for a club sandwich which is about the cheapest item on the menu. Service was quick but front of house was so impressed with himself that it left little room to care about his clientele. Very much a place for the locals to be seen but unless you like to pay over the odds to people watch I would not recommend this for a gastronomic experience or for value for money.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We arrived to have a cup of coffee, and sat down next to each other on the nearly empty terrace. We only ordered 1 cappuccino and the waiter did a face and said that in that case we had to sit in front of each other (even though the whole place was really empty).

The music playing was extremely loud and obnoxious, and the cappuccino was disgusting. Will never go back.