Hotel Barriere Le Royal Deauville
Augeval Hotel(Deauville)
  • Room Service
Hotel Marie-Anne(Deauville)
1,306 results
All reviewsthe general managerbeautiful hotelroyal restaurantair conditioningfive star hotelsea viewfilm festivalmain dining roomsmoked salmonmovie starslevel of serviceup to dateold worldservice was impeccablebelle epoqueenjoyed my staytop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2013

From 5 to 15 August I had a rest at Your hotel, which impressed me the most favorable impression with their location and level of service. Especially I want to thank serves as a reception at Elena. During all this time she was always considerate, attentive and friendly. Sincerely, Zoya.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Alexander2003
Laurent-Roussin, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Royal Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Alexander 2003,

I am delighted to read your coments on tripA.

Thank you to have choose the Royal for your stay in August.

I am very glad to read that you have a good stay and a good quality of service especialy with Elena who make a real good job with us.

Thank you for her and for all my team.

We hope to welcome you again in Deauville.

Sincerely

Laurent Roussi
General Director

Reviewed 9 September 2013

First I should say that the hotel manager has responded to my critical feedback by offering an upgrade on our next visit. He said that they are embarking upon a renovation programme.

The room we were first given had a WC separate from the ensuite bathroom. We were moved to another one, where the WC was in a room off the ensuite, but we later noticed it was a smokers' room, despite having booked into a non-smoking room. At that stage we were too tired to bother to change again, and the smell went with the windows open.

We didn't sleep well, because of the noise from inside and outside, and the two joined single mattresses and the sheets were not comfortable.

The rooms were both badly in need of renovation, with dark patches on wallpaper, broken furniture - we had to have two chairs replaced - and peeling paintwork. They were not kept clean. Housekeeping failed to keep us supplied with wine glasses, although they brought fresh glasses when specifically requested.

Breakfast was a buffet at 30 euros each - but so busy on our first morning (Saturday) that we decided to go into town instead - but we were billed for it nonetheless! (I had that item removed). Weekdays it was fine, although the quality of hot food was mediocre, and fresh fruit was poor.

The decent restaurants everywhere in Deauville are very expensive.

1  Thank 954Richard
Laurent-Roussin, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Royal Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear 954Richard,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Regarding the room it is true that most of our rooms need a good renovation. We have already done 6 "test -rooms" in preparation for our full renovation programme.
Our head housekeeper asked me to convey how sorry she is that you did not have a good night sleep, we could have change the two single mattresses for a large one and change your bedding or give you a duvet instead, do not hesitate to ask directly by calling the housekeeping or by making a request on booking.

Breakfast can be very busy during the week ends, as we have around 120 sitting in the restaurant and over 600 guests when the hotel is full, although we serve breakfast outside when possible and in the lobby as well as in the main restaurant, and while the service is still busy we have barley a complaint about it.
My Food & beverage manager is sorry that you did not enjoy the hot food and fresh fruit. We try to offer a large range of quality products on our Buffet that cover all kind of appetite and taste, we have generally good feedback on our Breakfast and so, he would like to know what was not to your taste, the quality of the ingredients or the actual cooking, so that he can look into it with the Chef and the restaurant manager.
He would like to apologies as well for the incorrect charge of the breakfast to your room.

Again I will be delighted to offer you a room upgrade for your next visit.

Hoping to welcome you again in Deauville.

Sincerly

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We started our French holiday in Deauville. There was simply nothing about the hotel and our stay that we did not like. From the time we arrived and were shown around the Hotel and into the "Tom Cruise Suite" we felt at home. While there are other restaurants in the nearby town, the restaurants at the Hotel were convenient, offered a great range of food and the service was exceptional. Thank you to all the staff and management as it was our first time in Normandy.

Room Tip: We'd suggest you join the Leading Hotels of the World as you are then entitled to an upgrade and breakfast. Regardless, a sea view room is the way to go.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Laurent-Roussin, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Royal Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Robert123255060,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback on your stay.
I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and that we made you feel "home".
I already shared your comments with all my team, particulary with the Food & Beverage team as they seem to have impress you in the best possible way.
Your comment is our greatest reward.

I hope this first time in Normandy will not be the last and that we will be welcoming you again very soon at the Royal.

Directeur

Reviewed 7 August 2013

The hotel staff want you to have a great time and go out of their way to make it so. Not sure that I agree for paying for sun loungers - 15 Euros/person/morning/afternoon. A bit close together.
Great situation virtually on the beach.
Lovely stay.

Room Tip: Book a room with air con.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Laurent-Roussin, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Royal Deauville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Dear John E,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel.

Regarding the sun-loungers the price is linked to the fact that we have only around 80 of these for 252 rooms. Moreover the price includes a full pool attendant service and items such as solar cream, cold bottled water....

I was delighted that you particularly noticed the friendliness and service spirit of the staff, going the extra miles to make you feel good and giving you a memorable stay is our greatest pride.

I hope to welcome you again in Deauville.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

The Hotel is well maintained. The bathrooms are outdated. The toliet is in a separate room. It confused my 10 year old. No climate control. Staff is friendly location is good. They have a nice pool. Old with elements of grandeur.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear 1 Racer,

Thank you for your kind comments.

I appreciate that you noticed the friendliness of our staff, as this is what matters the most to all of us here at the Royal.

While it is true that not all the hotel is equipped with AC, only our suits are, we do have some mobile AC unit and fans that are available through the housekeeping, do not hesitate to call them.

Regarding the separated toilets and bathroom this only occurs in some of our room do not hesitate to request non separated toilets upon reservation.