“Delightful, charming & elegant home and hostess”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Reserve

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Giverny
La Reserve
Ranked #6 of 13 Giverny B&B and Inns
Ewhurst Green, United Kingdom
“Delightful, charming & elegant home and hostess”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

La Reserve is truly magnificent Maison d'hotes, about 1 kilometre out of Giverny. Guests are given a very warm welcome by the most charming and elegant hostess together with her wonderful dog Flaubert. We were refreshed by a complimentary home made Cider and then shown to our enormous tastefully decorated rooms, with magnificent views over the surrounding gardens.
One claim of the house is that they cater breakfasts for greedy guests. I cannot dispute that claim I did my best to try everything on the breakfast menu but was quite unable to sample all the different foods on offer. However, everything I did try was absolutely delicious. I am determined to make a return visit to his most delightful place and not only to try and eat my way through the rest of the breakfast menu. I cannot recommend La Reserve highly enough. It is an establishment to which I will return time and time again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank John W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

Our first stop along a two week journey of france. Wonderful way to start our trip! If I had my choice I would have stayed there the entire two weeks. Don't miss this beautiful, comfortable and enchanting retreat.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

If you plan to visit Giverny amidst the crowd of visitors there, you can do no better than to lodge at the beautiful and stylishly decorated B and B farmhouse a few kilometers north. The peaceful location, huge sunny rooms and warm welcome will delight you. After staying in 4 Relais and Chateau hotels, we arrived at La Reserve at the end of our visit to France. I can honestly say that this B and B was every bit as attractive in its elegant rusticity. We arrived there after several hours of driving and were welcomed by the owner's ebullient son,Theophile,
and his charming grandparents. Within minutes, Theo and his grandmother served us homemade cider and sweets on a tray lined with a starched linen napkin and decorated with a small bouquet. No detail is overlooked. The beds were firm, the spacious bathroom was filled with monogrammed linens and Annick Goutal toiletries, and the view from the Blue Room over the adjacent fields was stunning. There are country roads for walking which I advise you do, either before or after enjoying a bountiful breakfast of fresh pastries, cheese, hams, eggs, yogurt, homemade jams and more. Make your reservation now!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue P
Southlake, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

This B & B is absolutely exquisite...it is one of my favorite ones I have stayed in and I have stayed in alot of them in France!! Our hosts were so delightful, and then there was Flaubert, the wonder dog...awesome, huge, adorable, friendly. The setting is so tranquil, just a mile out of Giverny.
Breakfast was beautiful, besides being delicious!! And the cider caramel was good on everything! I would highly recommend staying here when visiting this beautiful area. My friends were estatic about this lovely place.

Room Tip: We thought all the rooms were spectacular. You don't have to worry about noise!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed at La Reserve for two very pleasant nights. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, well appointed and decorated to a high standard. Despite it's looks the building is only 20 years old, it has been lovingly built using a wide range of the recovered materials (such as windows and blinds.)

You therefore get the ambience of the old building style with the benefits of a modern building. The hostess Valerie could not have made us more welcome. Breakfast was pleantiful with good choice. We started with freshly squeezed juice, followed by cereals, cold meats, cheeses, various breads and cakes, coissants, home made yoghurt, jams and honey. I had scrambled eggs (laid by the family hens) delicious!

The building sits in it's own grounds, surrounded by apple trees and extensive lavender hedges. You share the grounds with 4 donkeys and Flambert the dog (all of whom remain outside!) I am not a doggy person, but even my heart was taken by the beautiful animal! He likes to play tug off war with his giant sized security blanket.

We will definitely go back to this delightful spot. We used it as a base to visit Versailles (1 hour) and you could easily visit Paris. Jist down the lane is Giverny village where you can visit Calude Monet's house and gardens.

Room Tip: All rooms have baths except one. This was not a problem for me, but if you are a lager frame you mig...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Way out in the countryside. Bathroom facilities need upgrading. Our room had no shower. Beds need updating. Friendly hosts and nice breakfast but accommodations are less than satisfactory.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank 888Nancy
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

La reserve is everything a bed and breakfast should be -- tranquil, beautiful and personal. Valerie and her family were such gracious hosts, and her home was a haven for tired travelers. the breakfast was especially delicious, and I am enjoying her caramel made with their own cidar at home as a reminder of our vacation. It was perfect!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Giverny
La Musardiere
#5 of 13 in Giverny
La Pluie de Roses
La Pluie de Roses
#4 of 13 in Giverny

Been to La Reserve? Share your experiences!