La Musardiere(Giverny)(Great Value!)
US$146
Les Arceaux(Giverny)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoverlooking the gardencomfortable bedamuse boucheideal hotelcute villagebreadno air conditioningmichelin star restaurantfabulous placesitting roomlocal bakerywithin walking distancemonet gardensan easy walka real treatbefore dinnerfirst floor
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I was pampered from the very beginning. Nadia called me because I had not arrived in time for my dinner reservation due to heavy Friday evening Parisian traffic. She prepared a delicious fish dish and fresh fruit salad to be waiting for me as I arrived after the kitchen had closed. I slept well in the comfortable bed in the charming suite overlooking the garden. I recognized Nadia from her incredible work with Arpège in Paris and she maintains the same delicious standards at her hotel. The infusions, honey, and homemade confitures are as exceptional as the other items on the menu. A perfect break from the city and so close to Monet's gardens.

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortable, clean, cozy, and charming
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank hautehouse
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here 1 night. Giverny was the perfect place to spend a night to break up a long drive from Paris to Brittany. The hotel has an excellent restaurant and is about a 10 minute walk to Monet's gardens and even closer to a very nice Impressionist museum. The accommodations were comfortable and the staff accommodating to anglophiles.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joebaum1
Reviewed 10 August 2017

This is a very well-appointed hotel with excellent facilities, comfortable rooms and beds, a tranquil setting and excellent staff and service. Breakfast was simple but excellent. Ample parking available and an easy walk to Monet's house and gardens.

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Relais du Silence Hotels
1  Thank PaulJanet
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We stayed here with our teenaged daughter for two nights in July (peak time for visiting the gardens). The hotel and the property are absolutely spectacular. We rented the "petite suite" and it had plenty of room for the three of us, with enough privacy for all. The beds were comfortable, the view lovely, the gardens wonderful for walking, outdoor spaces for sitting and thinking abound, the bathroom was large and modern.

BUT...the hotel, which is NOT cheap, appears to be run entirely by college students who arrive at 8 AM and disappear promptly at 4.

From then on, there is NO ONE AROUND. No attendant, no night porter. There is no one to ask for directions, help, a bottle of water, an extra towel, or anything else. A number is posted for "emergencies," but we were pretty sure that "Can you get us a taxi?" isn't an emergency.

The restaurant and bar were, without notice, simply closed and shuttered during our entire stay. No way to get a meal at the hotel, no way to have a nightcap or late night snack, and no one around at all to answer questions.

And, if you've never been to Giverny, there is NOTHING there but boutiques, hotels, and restaurants. No grocery store, pharmacy, or even a tiny convenience store. If you want to buy a bottle of wine to enjoy in your room, water after a long hot day, or Tylenol, you're completely out of luck.

Our daughter came down with a bad summer cold, and we realized at 5 PM that she needed an antihistamine to be able to sleep well. Again, not an EMERGENCY, but...we needed a taxi (these also do not cruise through Giverny) and couldn't figure out how to get one. We had to trek up to the nearby Hotel/Restaurant Baudy to ask how to call a taxi. The maitre d' said, "Ah, that costs too much" and gave us a ride to the closest pharmacy (4 kilometers) in his own car.

Next time I stay in Giverny, I'm staying at the Hotel Baudy, which at least has HELPFUL PEOPLE RUNNING IT and a working restaurant attached.

Incidentally, the wifi was extremely hard to use and disconnected constantly.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan W
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Where to begin? The service was impeccable. Great attention to detail in every element of the meal. We began our lunch in the bar where we were offered amuse bouche and a glass of white wine. Later in the main dining room we enjoyed a lovely first course of rabbit, then trout as the second course. My husband ordered the squab which was fabulous. Price was reasonable as one of the selections was fixed price. One of my favorite meals while spending three weeks in France.

Stayed: May 2017