“Very good!”

Dining options: Reservations
Budapest
“Very good!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere was great, the decoration was typical from this region in France and it was lovely to eat at Le Petit Giverny! Prices were a bit expensive for my taste, howewer the food was quite good!! The service was great, they treated us very kindly and we had a little history lesson! Nice experience :) and an excellent tarte aux ponmes, greetings from Colombia

Alberta, Canada
“Kind gentleman owner :-)”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My daughter and I enjoyed our experience at Le Petit in early June. The patio was pleasant, with lovely roses in bloom. The open wood fireplace grilled kebabs were delicious and the grilled potato was distinctive and yummy. The gentleman owner was also the cook and server that evening, and we enjoyed his kind, grandfatherly friendliness.

• Visited June 2014
Westport Point, Massachusetts
“Lovely, Reasonable, Relaxing!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This restaurant is just before Monet's home/garden. Eating here was just lovely and relaxing as we sat under a red umbrella right in the middle of a very pretty garden(roses, cosmos, snap dragons, etc.)...just what I was looking for a French country lunch after a long crowded train ride (and bus ride) from Paris! The food was very good and very fresh! I had a wonderful, flavorful chicken kabob which was cooked over an open flame with salad and a baked potato smothered in what is the French equivalent of our sour cream. This sour cream was delicious with nice fresh herbs blended in. (I believe the herbs may have been chives and tarragon.) The salad dressing was wonderful too: a type of Dijon vinaigrette. I enjoyed that too. The owner was very accommodating and made us feel at home. My advise is to be polite. Ask if any person sitting or serving you if he/she speaks English first before speaking in English right away! Also day "Bon Jour" and "merci " whenever appropriate. Being polite is very important in French culture. It goes a long way with how you are treated in France! After our great lunch, we headed to Monet's gardens. It was one of the best days of my vacation! Just wonderful!

• Visited July 2014
chicago
“Flowers and friendly service.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is a little touristy because it is located steps from Monet's home and garden. The food was good, but not of course gourmet. We had three course meals for what the sandwich stand nearby charged for a sandwich and drink. It is family run . The owners are very nice.
The out door seating is beautiful. I also liked the smell of the open fire where my brochette was being cooked.
Eating here was a good beginning to a nice visit at Giverny.

• Visited June 2014
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“Ash with your lunch?”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Ate here one lunch time. Chicken kebab, jacket potato and salad. The potato was cooked in the ashes - fine, but not put on the plate with lots of ash spreading over the other food! The chicken was underdone but did not complain as the middle aged lady serving was somewhat officious. Just ate most of it and have to admit did not get sick! Would only go here as a last resort.

Visited June 2014