“First time Lunch”

Red River Steak Company
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Lockport
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Description: Welcome to Lockport's only wood fired steakhouse experience. We are a family owned business that strives to use local ingredients, support local businesses, and provide an exceptional dining experience. We have designed our menu to deliver you a local fresh taste with a Caribbean flare. Come check us out!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Finally had a chance to try this restaurant. After reading mixed reviews ranging from poor to good, we decided to try it ourselves and make up our own mind. So step 1 was lunch.
The hostess was very pleasant and we were seated promptly. Our server was courteous and attentive without hovering. One of our party of 4 is allergic to gluten, our server pointed out the options available on the menu and also took the time to check with the chef and report back additional items that were gluten free.
We ordered one Avocado Chicken Salad (grilled chicken breast), and 3 Red River Steakhouse burgers, 2 with salads and one with fried.
Our food arrived in relatively short order, and the presentation of each was good. Each item was tasty and prepared to order. You can taste the quality.
So, lunch was a definite success. With 3 draft beers and the meals, including 18% tip, the cost came to just over $110 for 4 people. The food quality and ambiance combined with excellent service made me feel I got what I paid for.
So Round 2 will be supper/dinner. I’m hoping it will match the quality of our lunch because then I will frequent this establishment on a regular basis.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Just went there last night for Father's Day and my birthday. First of all my husband and I were stunned by the prices, it was something we didn't expect in a small town like Lockport. The waitress was very good however I did find the service pretty slow considering it wasn't busy, only three other tables. They had a "Father's Day Special" which was 10oz top sirloin steak with lobster tail for $39.00 regular price is $55.00. When our meals came the steak did not look like a 10oz it was very flat, especially my husband's and full of fat and grizzle he couldn't even eat part of the meat. I gave him 1/2 of my steak because mine was better quality than his. His lobster tail was very small as well compared to mine. I felt bad because he was just so disappointed, if we would have had to pay regular price $55.00 each I would have been fuming. Even at $39.00 it WASN'T WORTH even half of that. I cannot believe that a "steak house restaurant" would even cook and serve such a low quality steak. My son ordered a steak as well, he said his wasn't bad (there was a lot of fat on it) but it was very cold. My daughter ordered a caesar salad and shrimp which she enjoyed. Before we got our bill I heard the table near us complain about their steak being very fatty and full of grizzle as well. The waitress gave him 15% off his bill, my husband didn't want to complain we just wanted to get our bill and leave. Next day all three of us who ate steak were sick... we wont be returning.

2  Thank tammyloutit
Reviewed 17 June 2018

We had a very similar experience to the previous review from early June 2018. Visited on a Saturday afternoon right at noon. Massive restaurant.. though only one other table occupied and they were nearly done when we arrive. It took us 1 hour and 10 minutes to feed our table of 8 (2 being children).
We received no updates from the waitress and we had to complain over and over again to see what was taking so long. We also had to go to the bar to get refills on our drinks which was lame considering the place was empty.

When the food did arrive, half of the dishes were incorrect and/or terribly made. The amount of salt they put in the food was ridiculous, I am not exaggerating when I say that they used easily half a salt shaker in my mashed potatoes. I love salty foods but not even a novice chef would even put nearly as much salt in the food. We noticed some of the food seemed to be fresh while some of it also tasted like old food reheated.

We found out from the waitress that the head chef left the business 3 weeks prior. Conveniently the manager was not in because he/she had to pick up supplies? For 2 hours no manager during a Saturday afternoon seemed odd. It appears that a line cook who looked maybe 15-16 was the cook for the afternoon.

Prices were high , the food that was correctly made was good but not great.

Overall the sum things up.... we were the only table ... waited an hour and 10 minutes for terrible food. No management on site.... No way this restaurant survives for long. Absolutely terrible.

1  Thank Brandon Robert G
Reviewed 5 June 2018

It took 1 hour and 20 minutes to get our food. The restaurant did not have many people at all in it. We couldn't understand why it was taking so long.
They mixed up our son's steak orders. The vegetables were hard. I like many vegetables a bit hard but the vegetables that we got last night were completely undercooked.
The Fiesta Chicken was 5 out of 10. My son ordered a fillet with crab. The crab looked less than enticing and the portion was pathetice for a $51 dollar meal.
We talked to the manager. He did not seem to care that we were disappointed. He clearly does not come from the service industry. He was very curt. He asked why we ate our meals if we werent satisfied. I told him because we were starving (and a bit tipsy) after waiting an hour and 20 minutes.
My recommendation? Pass on this restaurant.

2  Thank Ricky3631
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Went again with my husband to try out the food. He ordered steak and I ordered the mushrooms. Big portions. Excellent service, very prompt. Loved the bread served before the meal. Steak was excellent. We visited on a Friday. The only thing negative was my deep fried potato was bland, they should have had some garlic in it. It was a great idea to use the upstairs as a lounge and advertise steak deals on Thursday Friday & Saturday. I hope this restaurant stays in business!