“Average shellfish”
Review of les Vapeurs

les Vapeurs
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Brasserie Created in 1927, opened 7 / 7j, continuous duty and CAR VALET SERVICE all Weekend.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We arrived too late for the shellfish stalls across the road but they recommended Les Vapeurs. We were seated and served quickly by a couple of waiters and ordered a seafood plate with a little of many kinds, and a pitcher of house white wine. Some of the shellfish were very good, oysters, crayfish and bulots, some not so good, whelks and mussels, but none were tasteless. We had apple tartin which was quite good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,331)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

It was the night after Bastille and Trouville was pretty quiet and it was easy to get a table for myself at Les Vapeurs, the best known of the moules/frites brasseries along the pretty harbor. I order the salad frisee avec lardons, the moules mariniere, and frites, and a carafe of white wine. The salad was huge--large enough for two persons--and very filling. Not a bad salad but it filled me up quickly. The mussels were served by the waiter with an elaborate flourish and were kept in a kettle on the table which the waiter kept returning to serve me from. I wish I could say the mussels were better. They tasted fine but bland. I remember them being so delicious and brothy 30 years ago when I last ate them at Les Vapeurs. The fries were literally not-so-hot and they should have been for five and a half euros. I skipped dessert but the waiters stood me a couple of calvados. I might go back.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing seafood and fresh .. We was so happy when we see the plate of seafood on the table. The service was good and decent. 100/100 enjoy

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The sea food we had was quite good. The main courses were quite average standard for the price. Pity that almost none of the staff could speak English. All in all - average.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We walked in off the street prior to the main tourist season.. It was pretty typical for a water front place in a tourist town. It was ok but just ok. I'm sure you would find a meal to enjoy but just expect too much.