Chateau de Miromesnil
  • Bar/Lounge
US$131
US$126
  • Restaurant
Ibis Rouen Champ De Mars(Rouen)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Room Service
Kyriad Dieppe(Saint-Aubin-sur-Scie)
US$75
US$73
All reviewsthe kitchenguided tourjuiceguest roomsgardenhistoryvegetablesgroundscenturyinternetsummerhousefrancemiromesnilpotagerchapelmuseum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights is this wonderful castle. We had a spacious room and bathroom with beautiful views at the garden. Room was very nicely decorated in the style of the era. Tea and coffee amenities are available in the room, and we even had a fireplace. Breakfast was delicious: bread and fresh croissants with homemade jams from the products of the garden (the kitchen garden is magnificent and has won a prize). We could join the guided tour of the castle and the garden with a guide who was really top. Owners of the castle are very friendly and hospitable and so is the staff who is treated like family members. There are many interesting sites in the surrounding to visit: Le Bois des Moutiers, manor of Ango, beaches, etc. We can't wait to return to this place. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We spent two nights in this very centrally located chateau with only 5 rooms in the chateau. It is run by the family and they made us feel very welcome and we felt as though we had the place to ourselves. The owners are very hands on and offer good tips for visiting the local area which is full of lovely gardens and chateaus that you can visit. The rooms were huge and comfortable with lovely large old-fashioned bathrooms. The chateau itself has a fantastic garden with goats in the front and cows in the back as well as chickens. As long as you are happy with a typical continental breakfast with nothing cooked then this is a great place to stay while visiting the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views of the gardens and are very quiet. I only saw two rooms, but I would imagine that as there are only 5 rooms they are all great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Deciding to spend a weekend in Normandy we stumbled across this place on booking dot com. Sometimes you get very lucky I guess as this place is magical. The hosts are impeccably French as is the humble breakfast of pastries, croissant and local comfitures all served with strong coffee!
We enjoyed a very detailed tour of the Chateau on Saturday morning. I think I learnt more about French history in this tour than I could have ever expected.
We also took a long time wandering around the extensive grounds, summer garden and feeding the goats. All taken at a very leisurely place. So much so, it felt a shame to have go for a drive along the Seine to see a few other sites nearby.
I would recommend this place to any intelligent travellers looking for a touch of real hospitality.
Do not expect the "modern hotel experience" with obsequious staff and mincing hoteliers. These are real people with a real chateau.

Room Tip: We chose the Colonel's Room and I think it is the pick of the bunch. We had the two main windows above the main entrance. It is massive, bigger than my apartment in London!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I don't visit France as much as I like, but all places should be like this. People in the customer service business should come here to take lessons. I learned they have a great staff here and a great history in the property which the owners and staff are proud. I was in France for the 70th anniversary of D-Day, and much to my astonishment this chateau was occupied by the Germans, and later over come and occupied by the Americans during WW2. That is just some of the information given on the tour to guests.

The breakfast was smart and simple with plenty of coffee to go around. I never had to ask for more. The tour guide was fantastic, informative, and passionate about her work and Normandy. Her family was greatly impacted during the war, and the Americans helped her family rebuild their damaged home.

The owners were friendly and greeted everyone. Interesting to see the owners on display everywhere giving personal attention and detail.

This is a golden ticket. I have no complaints only compliments. I wish I had time to stay longer and do absolutely nothing but enjoy the place.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We took a driving holiday through Normandy and made various stops. On our way back we stayed at Chateau Miromesnil. It was great fun for the family.. to be staying at a 400 year old French Chateau was an adventure for the 'city' kids. Be sure to strike up a conversation with the hostess to find out more about the Chateau. The more I found out about the history the more I grow to appreciate not only the beauty of the place but the significant 'heart & soul' poured into Chateau. Some of my best photographs from our trip was in Miromesnil - it's simply amazing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family