“Mussels are lovely !”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Rottweil, Germany
“Mussels are lovely !”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Recommended by a local as one of the few really good restaurants in Honfleur. It is not far from the harbour but does not overlook it like the more touristy ones. Guy opening the oysters in the restaurant meant oysters for me ! Delicious. Then moules cooked in cidre again excellent. Go for this if you want good quality fresh seafood at not rip off priced. The mussels were bigger and plumper than most

• Visited August 2013

from Berkshire
“Very good experience at La Grenouille”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We didn't have very long for lunch so we pretty much walked into one of the first restaurants we saw.

We had previously phoned 'La Tortue' to book a table prior to our visit but the staff there were so rude and so anti-children that we decided not to go.

We tried 'La Grenouille' instead and, although there were no tables available outside, we decided to sit insisde.

It is a little hot inside as there is no air conditioning but the restaurant is big enough for it not to be a huge issue.

The owner or Manager was friendly and accomodating. He had no highchair available but went to get one next door and then offered to put the baby's puschair away.

I had the cheapest menu, my husband the most expensive and the kids had the kids' menus.

I had the savoury creme brulee for starter, the black pudding starter and then an 'A La Carte' desert which was chocolate mousse with cherries. My husband had the fruits de mer and the entrecote and all of it was really tasty.

The kids menus were a little pricey for what it was (EUR 10 per child or a main & an plain ice-cream) but the chips were really light and tasted lovely.

The place is very busy as it is right on the harbour but the service was OK and we didn't have to wait that long.

Our waitress was very friendly and patient.

The loos looked very smart but the toilet seat was broken in one of them and the light is on a timer so as I was in the loo the light switched itself off and it was an interesting moment. This also happened to another lady. The idea presumably is to save money but a real light switch would be better.

There is a large loo with a changing table for babies too which was most welcome.

Overall, a lovely lunch on the way to the Shuttle in Calais.

• Visited August 2013
“Excellent see food”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Best value for money. Fantastic oysters, snails, crabs, lobsters, and of cause the wine. Everything prepared quick and sometimes affront of you. I am not sure if they have any Michelin stars... But they don't need them. If you want good seafood in Honfleur - go there...

Visited August 2013
Miami
“a normal seafood restaurant”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I usually go to "l'Absinthe" with my wife, but it was late and we were with the family so we decided to eat at the bistro. I liked the personnel and the service the food was less convincing. I cannot say it was good nor bad. It was OK, did not have a special sparkled in taste or in presentation but it is a bistro. I advise my family to not take the lamb but they did and I think it way too dry. For the other dishes they were OK. I cannot say I would go back, I will most likely try other restaurants there, I was not very enthusiast between the price and the food. The service was ok and better towards the end of the meal.I would not recommend nor not recommend. The rest of the family seemed happy on my side not so much, I expected a little bit better dishes.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Seafood”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I had the most delicious cod seated on a bed of perfectly prepared risotto here last week. The site is lovely, service friendly, with easy access to nearby parking in busy Honfleur. With so many resturants to choose from this one is well worth your visit.

Visited June 2013