“The perfect Inn”

and 1 more site!
La Maison de Lucie
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Honfleur
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This hotel is beautiful. The decor was charming and welcoming, classic French. Our room was clean, comfortable, and updated. In fact I think it was one of the best hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone. Perfectly charming and exactly what you want when visiting Honfleur.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PacificNorthwestBest

Reviewed 6 October 2013

our first night in France, jet lagged after a long flight and drive, found hotel with gps, no problem, the proprietor, did not know where to park, so ran in to ask where to park or unload and he came right out and helped us unload the car, insisted not to help, said you are on a holiday, let me get it, booked private parking for a cost not knowing what to expect, and upon asking he said would you like me to move it, and I responded sure, he came back and said he found a spot on the street so he would not charge me for private parking, when do you hear that from anyone? Room was on the second floor, no elevator, he carried our luggage up, room was very clean, great size and washroom with bath/shower. Made us feel so at home, entrance to hotel has a private courtyard with tables and chairs to enjoy in a very nice garden atmosphere, when asked about a certain restuarant being open on a Sunday, without hesitation said would call and check, w2 minutes later responded that no answer so they must be closed, suggested an alternate creperie that was just down the block, family owned, was perfect, one of the better meals in France. When checking out helped with luggage to car and the gentleman he was, opened the door for my wife. If you have to stay in this area, you will not be dissapointed, Found this hotel through trip advisor, and it just proves this site gives great insight on where to stay. This hotel deserves to be #1.

2  Thank tugavan
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My partner and I had a two night stay in Honfleur and specifically chose La Maison de Lucie because of all the excellent reviews and high ratings given to this hotel. I just knew we would not be disappointed and we weren't. It is the most beautiful, charming hotel up a narrow side street just two minutes from the harbour and all the cafes, restaurants and bars. It is absolutely delightful and luckily the weather was very kind to us so we were able to eat breakfast in the lovely courtyard at least one of the mornings we were there. Francois (and I also agree he reminded me of Barry Manilow) looks after everyone so very well and had such a great sense of humour. He did make us laugh alot! The downstairs of the hotel has some very classy antiques and memorabilia and the sitting areas are extremely cosy and inviting. Our bedroom had a view of the estuary and looked over a couple of little gardens. It was spotlessly clean, with modern touches thrown in. The bathroom was very well equipped and up-to-date with the most beautiful stained glass window over looking a side street and rooftops. We had a thoroughly relaxing stay and should we ever be in that area again I would be back at de Lucie like a shot. What more can I say!!

1  Thank dezwart
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Arriving from a fabulous stay at the George V one could be accused of being hard to please- well Maison de LUCIE managed to please us beautifully. From the wonderful welcome from Francois (otherwise known as Barry Manilow!) through the enchanted garden to the cottage which was to be our home for two nights it was absolutely charming. We had loads of luggage and "Barry" never flinched, he served a delicious breakfast in the garden every morning with the best bread I have ever tasted and sent us to wonderful restaurants. If I had to be picky, I did not like our bed on the top floor which was placed against the wall so that I had to climb over my husband but otherwise it was just delightful.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

The loveliest little hotel where I have stayed. Small, intimate, cosy, interesting , lovely cosy rooms, wonderful staff who were so welcoming and helpful, excellent breakfast and very convenient for town as many good restaurants are nearby.

Room Tip: No restaurant available but breakfast out in patio or in little cosy dining room. Drinks are availab...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank marie-nairn
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My first thought when we arrived at La Maison de Lucie was wow, the photos do not even do justice to how beautiful of a property this is! It is simply amazing. The courtyard when you enter and where you eat breakfast (if it is not raining) is stunning. The building itself is beautiful. We stayed in the outdoor building, the pavillion, and it was equally amazing.

Staff was friendly and welcoming. Francois was warm and helpful, bringing in our luggage, guiding me to the car park, and overall making us feel welcomed and at home. Hadji was wonderful to talk to and a great hostess. We appreciated the opportunity to meet both of them, along with the others who served breakfast and helped us.

Breakfast each day was wonderful, and our overall experience in Honfleur was terrific. We spent two weeks in France and stayed at four hotels total. My wife and I agreed at the end that our stay at La Maison de Lucie was the highlight of the trip and the best hotel we had visited.

My only comment for other travelers to be aware of is that with the pavillion room, it is a great building and the two floors of space are lovely, but there is not a shower in the bathroom. Instead there is a tub with a flexible spray attachment - basically you can take a bath, or shower sitting down. Not a big deal for a few nights stay but I had not realized this when booking the room. The tub and bathroom are beautiful though of course, like the rest of the property.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We stayed at La Maison de Lucie for 3 wonderful, magicall nights. I can't say enough about the staff! The moment we arrived the staff was extremely warm and very helpful. It was our first time in France and (admittedly we spoke very little French). They spoke English w pleasure and were extremely personable (funny and very kind)! Weve actually never written a tripadvisor reciew but out experience was so phenomenal we just had to write about it!can't say enough about the staff- they were just the kindest people! The hotel is very charming! We had one of the smaller room but it was definitelyn adequate in size- large for French standards. The windows provided an amazing view-flood day light in during the day and the street is very quiet. It's the most peaceful place on earth I believe! Breakfast was very good, rooms were spotless and the service was hands down the best we'd had in a long time. The hotel staff pay attention to detail and never seem to say no. The quintessential bed and breakfast-style place. Definitely spend a little more for the hotel parking garage- if you have a rental car- the streets are very scary- extremely narrow and there is virtually no off street parking. We found driving in Paris was easier than navigating through the charming (tiny) streets of Honfleur! We will definitely be back- it was the most amazing time!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple