“Good for 1 night stay”

Comfort Hotel d'Angleterre
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Le Havre
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Slept at Le Havre for 1 night, it's a nice cosy city. The hotel was good for a 1 night stay.Comfy beds with a suitable room size.However in our room, there was an awful smell coming out of the bathroom, so the door was closed all night long.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Hotel d'Angleterre

Reviewed 19 July 2014

A fairly typical city budget hotel: a bit tight on space but the amenities worked and breakfast was fine (if a bit pricey).
Parking on the street is free between 5pm and 9am.
There is a nice restaurant just up the road with tables on the sidewalk- not expensive like those on the corniche. We can recommend the Le Havre take on "tapas".

Room Tip: If you stay during the summer take a fan- it was HOT (July 17th 2014) and even with the window wide...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here in April 2014 for Easter holidays and we really liked it. We were very late for check-in and the lady at the reception called us to make sure we were going to show up. She was very polite and nice enough to leave the keys for us at the reception, since we would arrive after midnight. The room was small but clean and with all the amenities that you could need. The breakfast was also very good. We were very happy with our stay and would certainly go back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sotiria T
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This review follows an earlier stay at this hotel, reviewed in 2011. Through the hotel's web site, for this trip I'd reserved and pre-paid a room in advance. Upon my arrival, the desk staff insisted on (re-)payment and was persistently unhelpful to sort things out, even in the face of three separate e-mail messages from Comfort Hotels, in French and in English, all of which clearly described my reservation as a pre-paid, advance purchase. By telephone, the hotel manager likewise was utterly unhelpful. My trying to save a few Euros off the cost of a room for the night has and will continue to generate headaches and paperwork to avoid double-billing and to secure an invoice, necessary for me to be reimbursed a business expense.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed four nights and really enjoyed the hotel. The room had a very comfortable bed, closet, desk, chair and large window onto the street, which I like. The bathroom was a bit small and could have been improved without using more space by having a sink with a larger counter space surrounding it. There was a huge overhead flat screen TV with endless channels from CNN to French movies. Breakfast was generous with plenty of fruit, juice, coffee and breads and they supplied newspapers as well. The woman serving breakfast was especially cheery.

The internet access is in the reception area - you stand at the computer, which was a bit tiresome, but it was a high-speed connection that was easy to use. Everyone at the reception desk was friendly and fluent in English. They lock up at 9 PM but guests have a password for the keypad that opens up the sliding front door. The system worked well for me.

After two nights I made a quick trip to another city, and they held my bags for me and had them set up in my room when I returned late the next day. I appreciated the extra help.

The location is a 20 minute walk from the train station, and about 10 minutes from restaurants and shops. It's close to a really lovely park that's worth a few extra minutes for a stroll.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laura R
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Stayed here for one night and found it to be clean and adequate. It wasn't the biggest bedroom I have ever stayed in, however, if all you want is somewhere to sleep for a night after a long journey back to the ferry then it is fine. There was a good selection of food at breakfast. My one criticism is the size of our bathroom, small was the understatement. I'm not a 'big' girl but I struggled even to get undressed and subsequently dried in there, let alone my partner who is 6ft tall and has a 48" chest! That was hilarious! One tip - we paid for the hotel prior to staying via a website in the UK and paid just over £30.00, worth that price. If you just turn up the price for a double room was 88.00 euros, definitely not worth that price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I left my wallet and telephone upon my arrival for ten minutes at the reception, which got consequently stolen. I would have thought it as a unfortunate travel incident but the hotel staff acted really weird about it: they didn't want to inform the police for me, then when I asked to see the camera recordings for that ten minutes (camera was pointing exactly at where I left them) they got all weird. They told me to come back in one hour, then two, then the next day, then Monday, then with a police report and when I did all of that, they still didn't agree to retrieve the recordings. All along it felt very weird and like they were a bit too offensive.. Whatever the truth to the theft is, I would recommend staying away from this establishment just to be on the safe side.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends