“Great accommodation, disappointing gaming”
Review of Hotel Pasino

Hotel Pasino
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Le Havre
Reviewed 8 August 2012

It's interesting to enter the lobby of this hotel and be greeted by a bizarre assortment of statues, ranging from buxom women in compromising positions to bulldogs. We initially weren't sure what we were getting into!

The cost of a suite wasn't much more than a standard room and delivered great value for money. Very spacious and modern with good facilities and a very comfortable bed.

The indoor pool, spa, sauna and gym looked great, though it may be a little disconcerting for some to use as it is completely exposed to anyone walking through the main hallway to their room.

We were keen to try our luck at the casino but found it to be little more than a poker machine room. We found it odd that we had to provide our passports as identification to enter, despite being a guest at the hotel. The poker, blackjack and roulette tables don't open until 9pm. When we arrived at 11pm there was only one of each operating. My efforts to sit at the poker table were met with indifference by the staff who seemed more occupied with spectating rather than assisting patrons.

A very good quality hotel, but the casino did not meet our expectations.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ClearyStDiner

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I was there for two nites. The bedrooms are all on the 3 floor. Zero is the lobby and casino, 2 is breakfast room and 1 is bankett room. It is located just at one basin in downtown Le Havre. Behind the hotel are ot of parking spaces. A gym and a pool/ hotpot are avaiable, but due to time frames I wasnt there. WLAN was reliable.
Some nude figures (art !) are distributed in the lobby.....and the restaurant provides a wonderful open air eating deck.
The staff is nice looking and extremely helpful, maybe a little bit limited in understanding of English, but they compensate that with empathy and motivation.
Check in was easy as well check out, only the elevators need a typical behavior of concentration.
The rooms are spacy, well eqipped with a good bed, a desk with an appropriate chair, one side is a window facade so during daylight the room could be flooded with sun shine.
An AC is installed , not too loud, and well adjusted so no need for me to check the control function.
The water bowl is installed separated in own chamber. The wardrobe is big enough for a short trip. A number controlled safe is available.
The bath room is also spacey, a heated towel holder, a djungel shower and a bath tube complete the equippment. Slippers and a bathrobe are offered in the bath room.
The tv looked a ittle tiny, but I dont used that. I missed a hotel manual.
Every thing that I used worked properly and I slept very well.
The breakfast room is atmospheric and silent. The buffet offers fruits (fresh, not saladed), scrambled or boiled eggs, ham, sausages, cheese, jam, honey, cereals, milk, coffee, hot milk, tea and portioned coffee. Croissant, bread (white and Brown) and toast, and other stuff.
This was the best hotel in France I have ever been lodging and I would go there next time without looking around !

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We live in Le Havre so have never had to stay in a hotel! However, looking for an inspiring idea for my husband's birthday, I stumbled upon the Hotel Spa conveniently located in our own city.
We arrived during the week but on the eve of a holiday and the hotel floor felt like it belonged to us. There are 45 rooms all on the third floor and in the centre is the spa. After agreeing the room was comfortable and cosy, we quickly donned the big bathrobes and slippers provided and headed to the spa. While we were there another couple came, and a single man later on, but there was an unspoken 'respect of space' and we had the hammam and sauna and pool to ourselves when we used them. Which is lucky as, while four people could have conceivably been in the sauna or hammam at once, it would have felt rather cramped... On a busier day I imagine the lounge chairs are used while people await their turn.
We enjoyed a delicious and well-priced dinner in the brasserie before heading off to the casino later in the evening. All staff were polite and very helpful.
Breakfast the next morning offered a surprising variety - fruit, continental breads and sweet pastries for my husband and sausages and scrambled eggs for me! Before leaving we went for a very relaxing 45-minute massage (again going from room to spa in our robes and slippers!) and felt wonderfully refreshed. We think this might become a habit...

Room Tip: we were first given a room overlooking the front of the hotel (a parking lot) but requested a view o...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I second all of the glowing reviews here. My wife and I stayed 3 nights here.

First off, the parking is free and plenty of available spaces. We stayed on the floor right next to the pool and used it every chance we got.

The bed was comfortable and the room large. Just a very spacious feeling overall, so it's not surprising so many French couples spend a romantic retreat here.

The casino makes for a nice distraction, and it's a 5 minute walk to the Hotel de Ville and the shopping areas. The only real downside is that you are paying 10+ Euros a day to cross Pont de Normandie (ie to Honfleur, Deauville, Trouville etc) and back, but that isn't the hotel's fault.

The downstairs bistro also offers a nice harbor view, and the food is reasonably priced but nothing spectacular. Nonetheless, a fine 4 star hotel at a very reasonable price (110 Euros a night)!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank jrocker7
Reviewed 4 September 2011

If your cruise is departing from Le Havre this is a perfect spot to spend the night. The rooms are spacious and modern and the bathroom is elegant and the view is charming. There is a casino downstairs and you are given 5 coins to get you going. We were VERY lucky there, without spending any of our money! We were there in August and a lot of stores were closed for vacation time, restaurants also were closed so we ended up in a little place next door, it was charming. The hotel is centrally located and the town is fun to walk around for the night. The cruise wharf is a short taxi ride away.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room overlooking the canal.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ErikAlison
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I came for work and was really surprised to find this wonderful hotel in a small city like Le Havre. Pool, jacusi, hammam made the stay very enjoyable (I'm a dancer and it was very pleasant to relax). Everything is brand new and very clean.
Even though the shower could be improved (the water splashes about) I was surprised to discover the same products as in the famus Bristol in Paris - a palace.
Definitely a must...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank dtshura
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I booked the hotel online as a last stop surprise for our camping holiday. I choose the offer that included a 3 course dinner with wine, room with a view, free spa entry and breakfast which was advertised at 177 euros which seemed very good value. Upon arrival, check in was smooth as they had everything waiting for me which was a nice touch, the room itself was lovely, really clean and well laid out with a HUGE bed! It might be that my previous 5 nights were spent in a tent however this was possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, no complaints at all!

The 3 course dinner was AMAZING, I wasn’t expecting anything too fancy but the quality and service were of a very high standard, which we also found to be the case at breakfast, lots and lots to choose from all of very high quality.

We chose Le Havre for its geographical location, so I cant comment much on the city and sights (although there didn’t appear to be much to do to be honest). Check out was equally as smooth, I paid on my card which showed in GBP and was £148 which considering everything that was included is really amazing value. I can thoroughly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
#4 of 33 in Le Havre
Hotel Carmin
Hotel Carmin
#1 of 33 in Le Havre

Been to Hotel Pasino? Share your experiences!