We chose the Mercure Rouen for its location and proximity to the cathedral. It could not have been better, right next to the cathedral. The room #106, was spacious and had room enough for our two bags without having to step over them. This room could have accommodated a family of four (2 adults, 2 children).
The staff were helpful in pointing out where to go for restaurants and sight seeing.
The public areas of the hotel were maintained nicely. There is parking at the hotel.
Be aware the hotel is located in the true inner city and could be difficult to locate if you have not done your research on maps or with Sat Nav as many of the streets are narrow and one way.
Tip: the Rouen tourist office is also in the square next to the hotel and opposite the Cathedral where you can obtain a recorded self guided tour of Rouen. We liked Rouen very much and believe it has more to offer than what most guide books describe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the centre of Rouen, at the foot of one of the most beautiful cathedrals in France, the Mercure Rouen Centre is an ideal hotel for exploring the attractions of this medieval city including the Old Market Square and the Gros Horloge clock tower.The hotel features 125 soundproof, airconditioned rooms, including 4 suites, WiFi in all areas, bar, room service and meeting facilities. Ideal location, not far from the station, in the peaceful pedestrian area of Rouen. Private pay car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Rouen Centre Cathedrale Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Rouen Centre Cathedrale Hotel Rouen
- Accor Rouen Centre Cathedrale