Ibis Rouen Centre Rive Droite
US$69
US$67
US$125
US$86
Ibis Rouen Champ De Mars(Rouen)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$83
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
US$116
All reviewstravel kettlesmall supermarketroom was cleancar parkingmain roadsmall feeold townsimple hotelthe price paidovernight staywithin easy walking distancecontinental breakfasta nightmarecentreeuroscathedralroute
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've stayed in a few Ibis hotels and this is the poorest, dreariest one so far.
Pro's
The staff were fairly friendly.
They have paid parking outside the entrance in the courtyard where the hotel is located. However it was full when I arrived although the receptionist did offer to move her car to the underground car park to let me park there. Fair enough but why was she parking in a spot which was reserved for guests in the first place. She was there for at least 8 hours so should have parked in the less convenient underground car park. Anyway I then had to leave my bag and go park the car. Parking was only €5 or €6 though.
There's a Carrefour express around the corner if you wanted to stock up although no fridge in the room.
The shower worked really well and the room was clean.
I ate in the restaurant 3 courses for €9.50. Food was not brilliant but decent value for the price although drinks were quite expensive in comparison.

Cons
Only one small lift for a hotel with 88 rooms and 5 floors is a joke. You can wait ages and still not get in it.
The area of the hotel is not nice at all from what I saw. I was only using it as a stopover so not to visit Rouen so can't comment on how easy it is to see the city from there.
The hotel is not easy to find even with sat nav as it is situated in an enclosed courtyard so if you are looking for the hotel as it is portrayed on the website don't bother although there are signs. Someone previously mentioned it looked like they were going through a Russian border crossing which is quite a good description.
The corridors to the rooms are not welcoming, more like a youth hostel than a hotel.
Rooms are fairly small and basic. I realise this is an Ibis but I have stayed in nicer Ibis Budget (formally Etap) rooms.
Airco barely worked in my room. It was blowing but not cooling much.
Wi-fi worked but not that fast. I ended up using my phone as a hotspot.
There was only one power outlet in the room and not next to the bed. I need a CPAP machine next to the bed to sleep. Luckily the room was so small that the power cord reached the desk by the window. The shelf by the bed was also hanging off the wall. Put my phone on it and it slid off.
To top everything I missed breakfast (my fault for mis reading the opening times) but at checkout was asked if I had breakfast. "No" I replied. I was still charged €10 for it but didn't realise until I was 200km away.

Would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Ibis promises a farily basis experience and that is exactly what was delivered. The air conditioning was good, the beds were comfortable and the parking was easy. The price was right for the experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Booked to stay on recommendation of Ibis Chartres Director for night of 10th July 2014. Check in fine. Room fine. Location fine. But between 6 and 7pm six or more members of staff were having what I first took to be an institutional 'bonding session' in full view of lobby that turned out to be staff just having a jolly (prior to clocking off?) Then it became clear that they could barely be bothered (keeping us waiting a long time) to tend to the needs of customers in particular to help provide some small refreshments for a 3 year old child after a long journey. We had to walk in to town (4 adults 1 child) to get an evening meal having planned to eat in. Some of the staff need to be reminded of their duty of care to the customer. I would give thumbs up to Ibis Chartres Ouest Luce but right now Thumbs down to Rouen Centre Rive Droite

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank richardaevans27
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Dreadful staff from 6pm, lots of eye rolling and total lack of any willingness to help. Rude, sarcastic and vaguely sinister. Awful end to a holiday!! We asked to see the manager repeatedly but to no avail. Was made to feel very uncomfortable indeed.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Zoe J
Reviewed 9 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com