Open today: 14:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Fantastic, not to be missed!

I was told twice about this museum and how interesting it was, but couldn't think of anything more... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Carol T
Rouen, France
Out of the ordinary

Rouen is my hometown, but I never bothered to check the local museums. Had I continued on this... read more

Reviewed 10 July 2018
Stella P
Rouen, France

Recommended experiences in and around Rouen
from US$10.91
from US$99.16
from US$258.28
from US$717.46
More Info
All reviews wrought iron converted church old church unique museum kitchen utensils medical equipment amazing collection beaux arts locks keys tools ironwork objects pistol jewelry household centuries
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Located just behind the Beaux Arts museum, this collection of items made of iron was interesting because of the variety. I especially liked all the old signs hanging along the bottom of the gallery; they were used extensively before people became literate. Loved the old church housing the collection, too.

Date of experience: December 2012
1  Thank Vera P
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the Ferronnerie, a unique experience among the many wonderful art and architecture museums in the region. On display were works tiny and large, crafted in iron, ranging from door knockers, kitchenware, surgical tools, gates and grates. How did they do this without our modern tools and technology??!!

Date of experience: November 2012
1  Thank richarrrrd
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Definitely worth a visit if you are in Rouen. My husband is a great sport but after our umpteeth chuch visit he said "Can't we go someplace else?" Well, this museum IS in an old church, so everyone was happy! Truly fascinating, we both enjoyed it. Everything you could ever think of that was made of iron...they have it hear, all beautifully displayed.

2  Thank Susanbunny_8
Reviewed 30 July 2012

great setting. nice museum. no torture implements as indicated by our guide book. made us want to take up welding and/or blacksmithing.

1  Thank maxdiego
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Before you came here you never knew how interesting wrought iron could be! The old church is filled with a huge variety of iron items, grouped by category and with good descriptions.