“Convenient and clean, but not a warm environment”
Review of Hotel De L'Europe

Hotel De L'Europe
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Rouen
Reviewed 31 March 2013

If your idea of a great living environment is a contemporary art museum, then you would like this hotel. The atmosphere of the hotel was sterile and I found the staff to be cold and not terribly helpful. I felt like I was troubling them in the few interactions that I had, and they did not extend themselves to me in any way. When I read the reviews on TripAdvisor, I had expected much better customer service, so maybe I just stayed at a bad time. The breakfast was expensive for the selection offered. The room was clean but fairly small and had no comfortable place to sit other than the bed. The location was excellent and the views out the window were great, but other hotels in Rouen offer the same. I cut my stay short and would not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: In warm weather, the Atelier room's terrace would be very nice to enjoy. In cold weather, payin...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank pedalmom
road76, Propriétaire at Hotel De L'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

thank's for leaving us, this review. you reserved a room in a three star hotel by booking.com and we accommodate you the best we can. i don't think other hotel offer you a vue and a private garden roof of 50 meter square as we offer you. However we are sorry to hear you disappointment, next time check our own website you will find cheaper offer and the right room for the right time; thank you again for this comment
regards

Georges andré Piat
Owner

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Just returned from a stay at the Europe Hotel and would recommend the Hotel for both business and leisure travel. The staff at the Hotel are quite wonderful and ensure a warm and welcoming atmosphere on arrival. All amenities in place and you will be knocked out by the food and in particular a more than superior breakfast! Ideally located in the heart of the old town with everything on your doorstep. Thank you for a lovely and pleasant stay!

Room Tip: For a really special stay choose one of the themed rooms to add a bit extra to a romantic visit or j...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie R
road76, Propriétaire at Hotel De L'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

hi , the first comment for the new year, thanks for these lovely and honest words . Everything works properly now, in order, elevator carpet done, looks like a brand new hotel , thanks again and hope to welcome you again before the end of the year

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Easy to find it, if you arrive by car. No problem to stop at the entrance so to get the luggage out of the car. A low cost Public underground garage is within 40mt. The staff is very helpful. The room was rather small but very comfortable, modern and clean. The bathroom was very clean and well equipped. The heating was optimum.The front street has no traffic. The location is ideal. We happily stayed two nights. We shall go again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goumaki
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Located in the heart of the beautiful and historic city, the hotel very much, clean, convenient, сomfortable bathroom, English- and German-speaking staff, all attractions nearby. Thanks for quality service. All recommend

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at the backstage room at this hotel on Sept 22-23. The room was unusually decorated like a rock star backstage with a guitar and acoustic equipment--why I have no idea. B.t.a.i.m., we had a minor flood when the shower failed to drain probably. Since no one was available to fix it, the young lady at the front desk had us change rooms. When we finally checked out, I told the manager about the incident, but I made no demands for a refund. He was very concerned and immediately offered to reduce our bill by 80 euros. I told him that he could not be any fairer. That is the reason that I am giving this hotel 5 stars, it is convenient and well managed. The only caveat is an elevator that can only hold 2 people without luggage or 1 person with only 1 piece of luggage. We did not have the breakfast. BTW, a T/A post mentioned that food is strictly prohibited in the rooms. I never saw any sign like this in either room, moreover, there was a mini-bar with various snacks for sale, so I wouldn't be concerned about this.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We stayed as part of a battlefield tour in late July this year (booked ourselves direct for this hotel). We arrived later than expected and were still able to park right outside. We had booked 2 rooms to accomodate our large (4 adults, 3 children) group, but when we arrived they gave us a free upgrade to 3 rooms!
All of the rooms were spacious and comfortable. Some street noise but if you dont want noise dont stay in a city hotel!
We had a slight problem with a leak of water in the bathroom, and they could not have been more helpful, providing fresh towels and apologising.
The breakfast was great, good value and set us up for the day.
in all highly recommended
The Andrews Clan, Bar Hill England!

Room Tip: rooms facing the street give great views, we did not have any that faced away
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The room was decorated modern and slightly Pre-school but never the less it was impressive to look at... There was a parking space available directly outside the hotel but not sure if that was a fluke or timing. Its positioned near the market square which was nice for the evening.
The only upset we had and it really was (horrible) was there was only one window that you could open (all the rest had been covered and sealed with perspex) .... i rarely bother commenting or complaining but although the weather was nice and clear, it was pretty fresh outside but in the room it was unbearably hot....We went down and told the receptionist who later found an old fan in the basement. So not a total drama but not what you expect for 150 euros for one night (room only)
The shower was glorious but the overall experience was horrid and there was not even a hint of an apology from the lady who i believe was the manageress or owner.
I would never go there again as it was my first ever night in France and was certainly the only part of our break which marred our experience of a truly gorgeous country.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first... wish i had
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Georges-André d, Propriétaire at Hotel De L'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear sir.
Thank you very much for your comment and taking time to fill the form. , but since your came, I thought about why we had a problem of heat inside a brand new room !. Finally I found the cause, when we refurnished the whole room , we changed the window for a soundproof and acoustic comfort one. But our achitect choose the wrong one without the air exchange and we have remedied since you left. thanks to remind us this problem. if one day you decide to return to our lovely region do not hesitate to contact me personally, i will do my best to fix you the valuable rate for the period.

Your Faithfully