Best Western Hotel Litteraire Gustave Flaubert
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewscar liftjoan of arcpiedu vieuxold townpedestrian zonesmall bar areasmall itemssmall fangain accessparking is limitedbit confusedexcellent locationmain squareshower gela great nights sleepfour star hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

We booked a double room at this hotel. But my god what a small room. I have never in my life stayed in such a small room. When we opened the window, we had to look at the television THROUGH the window (see picture). The room was clean, But had a cheap and poor interior. The service was nothing special, they checked us in and out, and that's it. Would not stay here again, and would not recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We found this hotel a very comfortable modern hotel, right within walking distance of all the sights in Rouen. We found this hotel well signposted, but to access it you meet a road barrier which drops when you push the red "accuiel" button, this is connected to police to which you could say "Hotel Vieux Marche s'il vous plait" You then pass the hotel (on your right), turn right and you will see an entrance, again on your right to the hotel car park. Parking is limited to only about 8 spaces though. If you're out of luck there's an underground car park in Vieux Marche which will cost around €10-12? overnight. The receptionists were very helpful and have plenty of tourist maps to set you on your way. Bed in our room was very comfortable, the decor we really liked and all staff were very friendly. We would definitely recommend and would use again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mick D
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We arrived at this hotel by pure luck,or satnav should I say.It is very well situated in Rouen right on the old square, plenty to do food and drink wise all outside the door .There is a bollard blocking the street entrance but if you press the button on the post they will lower the bollard to let you drive into the street. We had a rooftop room with a very small balcony but it was very quaint.The room was small but in a very central hotel it was expected.Parking was free.There was no air conditioning and it had been a very hot day, but the receptionist Candy who was very helpful lent us a desk fan,which was much appreciated.A nice clean hotel well situated with freindly staff.

Room Tip: Floor 5 for a quaint rooftop view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank richard&allyson
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Best Western Hotel du Vieux Marché in Rouen is a very comfortable stay, especially for this solo traveler, as there is nice public space around the lobby, so one doesn't need to confine themselves to their room. Free Internet in the lobby was a great plus for me. I also appreciated the free apples available in the lobby.

As far as the room, I was very happy to see a kettle with teas and instant coffee provided. I was also happy that the heater actually responded when you turned it up or down; same thing with the towel rack in the bathroom. I appreciated having a bathtub/shower combo. The bed was big and comfortable. The only drawback in my room was that the hall light right outside of the clothes closet was very dim and burned out completey during my stay. Also, the door situation was not good for accessing the closet. When the bathroom door was open, it nearly blocked access to the clothes closet.

I would stay there again and I really enjoyed Rouen.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DearEleven
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is at the heart of old Rouen. Our GPS (and a hotel sign) delivered us to the entry to a pedestrian lane blocked by a pop up post. We called the police on the intercom who dropped the post and we were admitted into the heart of the old town. Our car was big and the road was tiny. But, there was room to park at the hotel. We had an immaculate but small room overlooking the courtyard. The wi-fi worked well, the breakfast had a lot of variety and the location was unbeatable.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room if you are not satisfied with what you get.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple