Inter Hotel Notre Dame
US$119
  • Bar/Lounge
US$134
  • Room Service
Ibis Rouen Champ De Mars(Rouen)(Great Value!)
US$66
La Gourmandine(Rouen)
US$99
US$239
  • Pool
All reviewsexcellent locationshort walk from the cathedralcar parkbad smellno elevatorfree internethamrooms are cleancroissantsfloorbalconyhautechallenge
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

Me and my friends chose this hotel for the price. It was very reasonable and had a room for the three of us. Although the room was basic (to be expected for the price we paid) it was clean. Had a kettle and a bottle of water.
Our plan was to visit Rouen before moving on to Brittany. The hotel was ideally located for this. A few steps from the cathedral in one direction and the Seine to another.
We didn't have breakfast as there were plenty of cafes near.
Free wifi was a bonus.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank HeleddC
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I paid the extra for a Superior room (room 5) and would have classed it as standard myself. It does have a kettle, coffee sachets and a complimentary bottle of water all of which were very welcome but is by no means a large room.

The room did get very hot and on the first night I had to sleep with the windows, and therefore the curtains open but I was so tired after a long day that only the bells woke me up! Bed and pillows comfortable, bathroom fine. I didnt take breakfast as it was expensive at €9 and there are good cafes just up the road outside the cathedral which offer great coffee croisants etc. for 1/3 of the price.

Very good location for both city sightseeing and within easy reach of the main restaurants, parking on the street is maximum 2 hours between 9:00 and 19:00 or the car park diagonally across for €9 per 24 hours. I found the staff spoke perfect English and were very helpful but at €87 per night for a single traveller it was slightly overpriced - if you can get a bargain, go for it!

Best feature - location. Worst feature - price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Excellent location in centre of city. Receptionists were English speaking and very helpful. Room was small but that was to be expected. Bottled water in room and Free WiFi. Parking available on street or just around corner in carpark. All in all the hotel was clean and acceptable, however our room was on the front street, there was no air conditioning and so with the window open for air we could hear all the street noises. Unfortunately there is a set of traffic lights directly outside so you are very conscious of the traffic as it "roars" to set off in first gear as the lights change (also motorbikes particularly noisy)

Room Tip: Ask not to sleep at the front of the hotel, get a back room if you can - I didn't sleep a wink thanks to traffic noises, some drunken idiots at 5.00am and of course the cathedral bells!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This hotel was great. The location is close to perfect, close to the heart of town and steps away from the Seine. The people were friendly and helpful - I got a great unsolicited tip on a day trip I had planned from the friendly guy downstairs as I was waiting on my fiance. And the feel of the room was amazing. The room I was in (I think it was called a superior room or something, it wasn't the basic double) was a corner room with big windows and a respectable view. I could see both the Seine from the inside the room and by stepping out onto the balcony I could see the Cathedral. Oh, also, free internet. I hate getting charged for internet. This place gives it to you for free and it worked great, not at all slow.

I gave this place a 5, but I almost gave it a 4. I would go 4.5 if that was an option. My fiance didn't like it as much as I did. The room was short on amenities (although not really considering the price). Also, for part of the time, the light in the hallway leading to the room was out. Since our room was at the end of the hall, it got to be a little bit of a dark walk by the time we got to our room.

We didn't get breakfast at the hotel, so I can't comment on that. There are great breakfast and coffee options a short walk from the hotel, so I am glad we didn't opt for pre-paid breakfast in the hotel.

Overall, this place exceeded my expectations, as did Rouen. What a lovely hotel in a lovely town.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jordan M
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We just arrived on spec and booked the last available room, number 31 on the 3rd floor. N.B. No lift but we are fit so no problem with luggage but not suitable for the unfit. Reception very helpful and his recommendation of the restaurant Le Rouennais was spot on. The room was small and the bathroom was actual a shower room but that was fine. Very stuffy, airsprayed and hot on arrival. Switching off the radiator and opening both windows solved that. Fantastic view of cathedral. Some noise from people shouting in the streets at night but you are in the middle of the city so get over it. At 8am the bells start. You will NOT sleep through this and the loudest bell is off key. After 10 minutes or so it's all over and you can go back to sleep. The shower in this room flooded the floor even with the shower door properly shut so both of us did floor mopping. Re-supplying of the self-serve breakfast was poor. Empty jug of fruit juice, empty coffee pot when we arrrived. Fruit juice replaced with just one bottle and despite coffee jug being removed I had to request refilling of fitered coffee. I would stay hear again but be more assertive on the breakfast front. Underground parking just over the road (diagonally) in a public carpark for 9 euros a day I though was not bad for a city. We stayed just under 24 hours and were charged 8.50 euros.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking at the cathedral
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple