Comfort Hotel Rouen Alba
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
All reviewsrooms are smallshort stayfew minutes walkbed was comfortableon footbreakfast roomseine
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed here for 3 days. The hotel was easy to find, the staff on reception were very friendly and helpful (was a little worried considering some of the reviews we had read) yes the rooms are small but adaquate for what we needed ~ a place to sleep. We were on the third floor, travelled light so stairs were not really a problem and in all fairness probably helped work off all the cakes & pastry I had sampled in Rouen. The view of the cathedral was lovely as was the bell ringing (maybe I take delight in simple things as some of the reviews find the bell ringing a negative experience. I'm staying in a hotel near a cathedral - what do you expect. We didn't experience any noise from other guests or hear showers been used or toilets flushed like other reviews. Overall you get what you pay for and we wanted someplace central, clean and inexpensive - this hotel fitted the bill. A rather nice experience!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed for 4 nights in April 2012. Luckily Room 21 seems to be the best in the hotel, with a larger than king size bed, 2 arm chairs and a coffee table, sufficient hanging space and shelves, and a bathroom with a bath with shower over, and a separate toilet. The view from the bedroom ( and bathroom) window was amazing - just filled by the view of the Cathedral, one block away.
The room was extremely quiet, situated at the back of the hotel. Only draw back was the steep staircase, and no lift, but 2 staff helped me by carrying my luggage up to the door.
Breakfasts were fine for me - Meusli, figs, prunes, apricots, plain yoghourt. Ham , sometimes good smelly cheese, lovely french sticks, and croissants and coffee.
So central for sightseeing Rouen on foot.
I know other rooms were extremely cramped so I recommend that you choose and book
Room 21.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear do not have street / traffic noise. No lift - so choose floors 1 or 2. Room 21 is the best.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2012

unable to connect to wifi staff not bothered breakfast 12 euros (champagne suprisingly not included couldnt open showerdoor fully for fear of smashing it on toilet two person room one t bag one sachet of coffee no milk no sugar decent sized room except shower room pay cheapish get cheapish wont use comfort group again very noisy from square outside plus other peoples showers

Room Tip: dont have room facing square noisy
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dave m
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We has to stay one night in Rouen. We needed to have a fairly cheap option and went for this hotel. It was a really bad choice: small room, small toilett, broken lamps...I will stay away from any comfort chain hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Franchinii
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Normally we have stayed at the Mercure but have stopped using this group since they withdrew the 55 plus offer. We chose this hotel because of the location and booked the larger room. If we got a larger room (room 20) I hate to think what the smaller ones are like.The bathroom was truly miniscule and probably the smallest we have ever had.Cleanliness was fine.
Breakfast at 10 euros did not represent good value. The cheese and cold meats consisted of 2 slices of indifferent looking slices of ham and some packaged hard cheese.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple