Alive Hotel de Quebec
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
All reviewsheavy bagsfriendly hotelstayed one nightold citytoiletlockstreeteuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The rooms are a bit small and the toilet and bathroom are very small, but as you are only there to sleep that wasn't a problem for us. Cheapest hotel we could find, very near the cathedral and other churches. Make sure you make a reservation for the parking as well, finding a parking space isn't easy.
The staff was very friendly, gave us nice tips where to eat and what to do in the city. Tip (especially when you are in Rouen with children): visit the Jardin des Plantes. It takes you about half an hour to walk there from the town centre, but it's really very beautifull.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacquelineplusfam
Reviewed 10 July 2014

It is the hotel that you are on a business trip or stay over a night in Rouen.
very good location and staff are super friendly. however, I can't guarantee sleeping quality.
I wouldn't expect much to be honest, it's one of the cheapest hotel in Rouen with 2 stars.
Door is not sound proof, if anyone talking on the hallway. you could understand whole conversation. no kettle or fridge. they have secured parking space and that is why i stayed.
enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The Lonely Planet recommends it and I cannot see why. It is very ugly on the inside and outside, neglected, the room very small with almost no furniture and tiny bathroom. I had to ask dryer at reception. On the first day when we woke up there was no electricity and we had to call twice to resolve the matter. Has parking for 8 euros day. People are friendly, but I didn’t like the hotel. The only thing that's good is getting very close to the center. I cannot speak about the breakfast because I didn’t want to take it there. I would not recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is not a luxury hotel but it does not pretend to be one. The desk staff are very friendly and helpful and the hotel is very well located for wandering around the old town and close to the market and restaurants. We had rooms overlooking the back and they were clean and quiet. For the money I cannot understand why some visitors are complaining. You wont get better value anywhere else in Rouen. It also is one of the few hotels near the old town offering secure off-road parking

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel is in the heart of downtown, and if you want to be where the action is, this might be for you. For me, an early-to-bed person, and one who wants fresh air with the window open, it was uncomfortably noisy, especially on a weekend. Sirens going, bar patrons talking loud walking to their cars at all hours, and general street noise were problems for me. The room was clean, but very small, and the walls seemed thin. If cheap is your thing, go for it, but don't expect much. The people operating the hotel were very friendly.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family