“Lovely quaint hotel in the heart of Rouen”
Review of Hotel Morand

Hotel Morand
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Rouen
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We were a mother and son travelling together . This was the perfect place for us close to the train station and the sites . The staff at reception were warm and welcoming . Breakfast was lovely in the breakfast /sitting area! My only complaint was a musty smell in room but I think it was the smell of old wood from the antiques .

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Bentsonvie
THOMAS L, Propriétaire at Hotel Morand, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Bentsonvie,
First Of All ,thanks so much for that review. I see precisely who you are .i remember these 2 charming women .
I am sure the musty smell did not disturb your stay. It's indeed a little smell , the wood one.
This building is a renovated coaching inn , moreover an old post relay from the 17th century !
That could explain to other travellers your remark .
It will be a pleasure to host you again , thanks one more time !
To conclude , always book on our official website and like us on social networks we will offer you between 10 an 40% discount if you help us with direct bookings !
Moreover, you can find here , on trip advisor a promo code "morand76" which gives you 15% all year long and more on our official website!
My name is Thomas , i own this property , why don't you call me directly to book your stay ?

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner visited Rouen in December 13 and while staying at this adorable hotel we got engaged! So needless to say we love the place. It's full of character and quirks. It has a fantastic location too. I would recommend to anyone! We will defiantly be back in the future!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaguarW
THOMAS L, Propriétaire at Hotel Morand, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear JaguarW,
First Of All ,thanks so much for that review. I see precisely who you are .i remember these 2 fantastic lovers .
It was a shared pleasure and you know it as well !
It will be a pleasure to host you again , thanks one more time !
To conclude , always book on our official website and like us on social networks we will offer you between 10 an 35% discount if you help us with direct bookings !

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The best value for money, and not much money, BUT the real value of this hotel is the service, specialy of the owner/manager who help and good advice on any matter are valuble.
The hotel 2 min from train, BEST position you can get in Rouen.
Rooms old fashion decoration, nice and the most important CLEAN.
HIGHLY recommended after our ~2weeks stay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank yairschwartz
THOMAS L, Propriétaire at Hotel Morand, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear yairschwartz ,

First Of All ,thanks so much for that review. You know it i see precisely who you are .
It was a shared pleasure and all your family know it as well !

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Brilliant little hotel, close to the heart of the city. Staff very helpful
on arrival, and parking was close by, either on the street on in the underground
Car park. Hotel very old & characterful, but at the same time warm & cosy.
Breakfast in small dining area was the usual continental offering, but nicely served.
All in all very good value if you don't like big chain hotels.

Room Tip: There is no lift if you can't do stairs!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary B
THOMAS L, Propriétaire at Hotel Morand, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Mary B,

WOW is the first word that comes to mind when I read your review. I sincerely thank you on behalf of all the team for the very special attention you had for each member of the font desk staff.

I am very grateful that you took the time to write such a nice review. It really was a pleasure to have you and your husband for such a short etape before driving to dordogne .

You have all my details so do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help.

Like Mary B , book on our official website and redeem the cheapest offers ! Like / join us on social networks and get between 10 to 35% discount all year long ! Only on our official website or call me directly , i am Thomas the owner , why don't you book with me directly :

Please find my direct line : +332 35 71 46 07

I look forward to welcoming you back soon or for another special occasion!

Best Regards to you and your husband.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

This very well situated establishment offers spotlessly clean, pleasant rooms at a very affordable price. It is a stone's throw from the majestic looking train station and within comfortable walking distance to the lovely Cathedral and old town centre. There is a hospitality tray which is most welcome on a cold autumnal evening. The bathroom is small but perfectly formed, i. e. modern, functional, with good hot water and also a hair dryer. Breakfast is quite acceptable, with fresh crunchy baguette, croissant and some processed cheese. My only quibble is the lack of net curtains in the room which means you cannot get any privacy without drawing the heavy curtains and switching the lights on. So all in all a convenient inexpensive place where I will be coming back to explore the city further.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank vic_ok

Dear vic_ok,
Thanks for leaving us this Great feedback.
I see precisely who you are and i want to thank your sincerity but almost your objectivity concerning this review.
You told to travellers the simple truth : A good value for money ! yes , it's what we are here ....
Concerning your remark towards our curtains , i want to precise to other travellers that we do not have a problem of intimity here due to the fact that it's a very quiet area and they are no more neighboors here and moreover all our rooms are equiped with blackout curtains ( allowed in 2 star classification ) . However , i know that a veil curtain could be a good improvment that's why i will think about it ! thanks for your remark ! that's also Trip advisor's purpose : help us to improve our level services again and again !

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Rooms, clean and functional, good value for what we paid. Good location. Staff friendly and helpful. So hard to find, almost ruined the trip for us. Better directions and map needed. (stayed 2 times in one week period, and had difficulties finding hotel both times!)
Would probably stay again if I thought I could find it!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
THOMAS L, Propriétaire at Hotel Morand, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Carol L,
I remember you ! Thanks for sending us back our roomkeys !
Thanks for your review.
I don't really understand your remark concerning our location ...hard to find ??
Our hotel is near the main train station ...downtown...
Let me give you an advice : next time , book on our official website we have a full page named "access " with directions (better than those supplied on online travel agencies) , complete map and even a little tool who calculate your personnal itinerary...
Of course , you will pay also less on our official website ! up to 25 OFF on all our room rates !
Thanks again
T LOUIS

Reviewed 14 September 2013

... because 'charming' and 'old world' and 'quaint' can also mean rundown and needs help!

However, you have to remember this is a very cheap hotel in a very old higgeldy piggeldy building in an old part of town. Yes - there is no soundproofing so you can hear everything in other rooms (let alone the traffic) and yes the toilet / shower has been squeezed into the room, but they are hot and efficient.

My only concern - a general concern with TA - is that I must ask Tripadvisor to put on a 'button' that allows reviewers to specify the parking situation. Please suppprt me in my endeavour! I arrived having booked it as a stopover to find nowhere to park as on street parking was a maximum of 4 hours so I had to chance it and worry all night. had I know in advance I might have booked elsewhere.

Apart from that it was central and easy to walk to all the important historical sites..... and it was cheap which is all I want from a stopover. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly - even offered to print up my ferry crossing ticket for me - very kind!

Room Tip: Don't come by car!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Arkay56

Dear traveller,
Toemin Maybe ? 2 reviews for one stay ?A little bit rude for us , what do you think ?
Trip advisor will decide if we keep your review.
Thanks for leaving us a feedback.
Let me reply to your remarks.
When you have booked our hotel it was precisely written :
"Hotel Morand is not adapted to receive people with reduced mobility. Moreover Please note that the hotel does not have a lift and the rooms are not soundproofed."
also:
"The 17th-century hotel Morand is located ....."
Next , In your room several outlets were available ( your remarks are false ) and the separated toilet was absolutely not in a cupboard ! Is a mistake from you ?? cupboard ??very original ...
Then , you have paid 7.50€ for your breakfast , you have to know that in worlwide Hotel industry , you can enjoy eggs and fruits for a higher rate ( 10-23€).
Concerning other remarks , i will not reply , i think travellers will understand ...
Travellers should read other reviews because yours seems to be strange ...
You have stayed in a 2 star Hotel for 50 euros . Everything is here ....