“Have stayed here 7 times!”

Hotel Ermitage Bouquet
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Rouen
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have been staying at tis hotel i Rouen seven times over the last four years. I keep comming back! The room is large, cleangood desk to do some work in the evening. The wifi is free and fast. The breakfast is excelent (includes the posibility to make your own fresh juice local specialities etc). The staff are very frndly - all in all good walue for money

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Jens B

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel was a little hard to find but very quaint and quirky. It was boutique style and though not elegant it was very comfortable and inviting. The hotel reception/host was very kind and spoke English very well and tolerated our French with grace. He rounded up some food for us that was quite good and I suspect he got if from a nearby restaurant. The food was from a "room service" menu in the room but of course there was no kitchen on site. Nonetheless the food was again quite good after a long car ride that day. We parked safely behind the hotel in a gated lot. Internet service was available in the room. Overall a good nights sleep and experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank raferjack
Reviewed 18 September 2013

For us this hotel ticked all the right boxes. It's easily found in a quiet street. The entrance to the secure car park for our car (Nissan Note) was no problem at all. The welcome was very warm by an English speaking receptionist. We'd asked for a quiet room, which was given to us overlooking the car park. The receptionist apologised for the size of the room, but it was plenty big enough, we've stayed in much smaller rooms in UK 4 star hotels! The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The en suite boasted a multi function power shower with jets. The hotel is only a 10 minute downhill walk to the city centre, (a bit longer coming back uphill!). Buffet breakfast was good, plenty to eat, but perhaps a little expensive. We enjoyed staying here and will certainly stay again next time we visit Rouen.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room overlooking the car park.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellerD420
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed at the Ermitage for one night in early Rouen. I arrived by train in the city. The hotel is a 7 min. walk uphill along a somewhat bumpy sidewalk ( if you are pulling a wheelie case). It is a bit tricky to find at first as the entrance door is through what appears to be the entrance to a parking area. I could not open the hotel door at first ...nor realizing that I have to "buzz" first before the door is unlocked for me.
The registration area is a funny little alcove and the woman working there spoke very little English. She showed me to my room on the top floor ( caution.. no elevator). My room was a lovely cheery dormer room... charming. Nice furnishings. Room faced east so I would get the morning sun through the big dormer window.
There was AC in the room, which I needed to use as it was quite warm in the room. However, I had to get up in the night to turn it off as it worked too well!
The hotel was very very quiet that night. I felt like I was the only one in the building! Strange feeling.
The next morning, when I descended to the breakfast room, there was what I found to be an uncomfortable silence as the guests ate. No one talking... not even at their own tables. Breakfast was adequate... nothing special.
There are no cafes or restaurants nearby ( or at least I could not find any). When I asked the woman at the front desk where to eat, I thought she said (in French)... near the train station. However, there really wasn't much around there. She also did not tell me that I could have ordered a room service dinner from the hotel( I found a card on the desk with a few meal choices after I returned from gathering together some bits and pieces for a picnic back in the room). .Nor did she tell me that there was a sitting room/lounge area with a bar downstairs by the breakfast room .
The next morning, because my room faced east and towards the parking lot area, I was awakened very early by cars starting and doors slamming and people standing outside talking.
I would recommend asking for a room which does not face the parking area if possible.
The room was a reasonable price and was clean and comfortable. It just felt a little strange and not like a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Once you realise that waht appears to be a narrow front door is actually a driveway to rear parking and that your car is actully a lot narrower than you think you will appreciate both the off street parking and the relatively short walk to the main sights. The hotel is well appointed as a tourist stopover and with helpful staff , decent breakfast - agood base to tackle Rouen.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geewiz1948
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel was easy to find arriving by car. Good secure parking, but would be difficult if your car is very large. Room very clean and comfortable. Double glazing kept street noise out. Good quiet air conditioning. Luxurious shower with multiple jets. Good breakfast, especially liked the fresh fruit and scrambled eggs.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Olliff-Thor
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed here on way back from South-West France. Once located, the hotel was really comfortable and well maintained. Staff could not be friendlier and the overall service excellent. Rooms were very big with super king-sized bed and room fully air conditioned. Bathrooms included hi-tech shower.

Breakfast is continental style buffet but there was everything you could want available.

Be warned, entrance to the parking is extremely tight but cars appeared very safe behind hotel.

Recommended and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple