“Amazing meal”

Ranked #23 of 437 Restaurants in Angers
Price range: US$17 - US$34
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: situé dans l'historique quartier de la Doutre au pied de l'église de la Trinité, le Bonrepaire ce petit restaurant style bistrot gourmand est devenu l'escale incontournable pour les touristes de passage et les angevins. Menu à l'ardoise et produits de saison vous sont proposés tout au long de l'année. alors n'hésitez pas!
Reading, United Kingdom
“Amazing meal”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

After reading the reviews here, my partner and I decided to visit le Bonrepaire during our stay in Angers. The restaurant was not in the city centre. But it only took us about 10 mins to walk there from out hotel. The restaurant was not big and had limited seats. It was cosy but not romantic. However, the food was brilliant. I had the best duck dish I have ever had! We had 3 courses each and a bottle of wine. The total bill was 50 euro. Fantastic food at a very affordable price! I highly recommend it.

• Visited July 2013

Orlando, FL
“Perfect experience”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife and I went to eat lunch at this great French restaurant while visiting Angers from Florida. We went with my brother,his wife and his 3 year old son. I found Le bonrepaire on Trip Advisor. We had great wine from the region. The food was amazing. As an appetizer, we had a cold radish soup that was very delicious. The main dishe was even better for all of us. Chicken, Steak and the Vegie Lasagna were incredible. The child's plate was even better: pasta with salmon. For dessert we had chocolate creme brûlée. Worth every penny. The service exceeded our expectations. The bill was €91 for 5 people. It was the perfect experience.

• Visited May 2013
Bruges, Belgium
“Excellent food and great value in a simple setting”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This restaurant is located in a small and ancient house in the centre of Angers. My collegue and I had dinner on a calm monday evening. The interior is simple and old but the good surprise is what you get in your dish. Simple but very tasty preparations of cracking fresh ingredients. It may not be haute cuisine but it is really nice countryside cooking. We would have loved to have more choice on the winelist, which is very limited. If you order water, ask for bottle water, otherwise you'll get tap water with an unpleasant taste. We paid € 74 for a three-course dinner for two including a bottle of wine. In this price range this restaurants easily merits a top score.

• Visited February 2013