“Good quality budget hotel”

Novotel Nantes Centre Bord de Loire
Ranked #24 of 108 Hotels in Nantes
New York City, New York
“Good quality budget hotel”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We selected this hotel for its reasonable prices but were more than pleased with quality of services, comfort and cleanliness this hotel offered, better than most of the expensive options. Staff was very friendly and pleasing; hotel itself is at a wonderful location with parking facilities. It is really good stopover it provides easy access to North of Nantes and is close to tram station. Rooms were above average, clean and quiet and bathroom was spacious with all necessities. For the kind of price they charge I think this place deserves admiration a truly budget hotel with far better services.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The hotel is a bit tired (condition). The location is ok as it's on the tramway line so it's easy to access the city center.
The staff was nice, and the food.
Not sure I would return though.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
France
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I booked and prepaid an executive room for my wife's birthday back in November 2011. When checking in at the hotel this February 2012, we were told we were downgraded to a "superieur" room as executive was not available. So this hotel can take a reservation (and your money) but is unable to hold the reservation (they do hold onto your money though)! For compensation, we were offered an upgrade to a suite the next time we ever book there again => big disappointment!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mugia
Maryland
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The hotel was pretty decent, right outside a tram stop and nicely equipped rooms. The bad part was the staff for sure. They were not warm and welcoming at all, as soon as we walked in I said Bonjour and then said we have a reservation, the check in agent said oh in English. IF I hadnt prepaid for the room I would have left. THe staff was not welcoming at all ever, except for the day that I checked out (31/12/11) the young lady working then was happy, had no problem with my limited French and turned the whole experience of the hotel from a 0 to maybe a 2 out of 10. Having worked in Hotels before I know people sometimes have bad days, but to be that way for the whole 2 days was not professional to me.
I did receive an email from the hotel manager the same day that I made a review on the Novotel email survey, that was very nice to see that my complaints did not go un-seen. I would probably stay here again, but I wouldnt pre-pay so if I got the rude staff I could walk away.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Nantes is a wonderful city, historic and entertaining. The Novotel Nantes Centre Bord de Loire Hotel is located just on the island and about a 15 to 20 minute walk to the commercial area of town. When there make you visit the Castle, Ride the Elephant and check out the great bistros and shopping in the centre area.
A veryu easy town to get about in, use the trams and buses they are great.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple