If you are coming here as a tourist, you are probably a seasoned veteran of the path less traveled. The city layout is a lot like Bordeaux....walking, biking and mass transit in the city center with limited access for cars. The Tom Tom or Google maps will get you to this hotel if you select the walking option rather than driving. The reason this hotel stands out for touring the city center is:
1. Walking distance to train station (local and TGV)
2. Access shuttle to the airport
3. Walking access to the Chateau of Britagne, the cathedral and city gardens
4. Close car parking in case you arrived by car (Feydeau garage is maybe a 2 minute walk).
5. Rental car return is behind the train station
Rooms are comfortable and quiet.
Staff is courteous. They help when they can with directions etc but they are not the source of info for current events in the city.
Wifi in the rooms are great unless the whole building is down. Have found that these thick walled old buildings can play havoc with wifi connectivity.More
- Free Wifi