“Excellent Place to stay in Nantes”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Nantes
Ranked #6 of 108 Hotels in Nantes
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent Place to stay in Nantes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Radisson Nantes is one of the best place to stay in Nantes ! It recently opened and there was a real need in Nantes. The hotel is very well located near restaurants, shopping area... Hotel, an old court, is wonderfull. Service is great I highly recommend this hotel either for business or for turism.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Darnestown, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Fantastic property in the heart of Nantes. Great location to shops, restaurants and Nantes center. Excellent staff! Everyone we met was helpful, warm, friendly and welcoming. Rooms are very clean, spacious, and modern. Public areas are great to enjoy a glass of wine, coffee or just relaxing. The staff is lovely and the GM even introduced himself to us and gave us recommendations on places to visit. I would highly recommend this property to anyone visiting Nantes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We used this hotel last summer but I have just got round to reviewing because I have since used another Radisson Blu and it reminded me how good it was in Nantes. The hotel is in the former court building, which took some finding a a stranger to Nantes unfamiliar with its traffic system. So the entrance is really grand up a full flight of stone steps. This is great the fiorst time--it makes you feel quite important--but then becomes quite an effort. We had an executive room which though expensive was extremely good. Breakfast too was a really pleasant experience. Unfortunately, unless I missed it, there is no real lounge, except for the very large foyer. It is well placed for walking around town.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Tel-Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Located in the old courtroom, the architecture of this hotel is special. The hotel is located in the city center which allows to visit all points of interest by foot. The staff is very helpful. There is a public parking very near the hotel if you need one.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Canary Wharf
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed for one night in in this hotel and found it to be a very modern conversion of what I was informed was originally The Towns Court House. The modern décor in the rooms and public places really worked.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim W
Cyril C, Directeur général at Radisson Blu Hotel, Nantes, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Jim,

Thank you very much for your review. We sincerely hope to welcome you again among us for another memorable stay with us!

Wishing you a prosperous Happy New Year!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, Dec 7th and 8th. The room was on the ground floor just off the lobby, and while I was concerned about the noise, the receptionist assured me I would not be disturbed. i was not. The room was quiet.

The bathroom was of a nice size with a walk-in shower, tastefully decorated with nice fixtures and fittings. the bed was a king size with very comfortable mattress, and fresh, clean linens. The room itself was nicely appointed with a flat panel TV, Ethernet cable and WIFI.

The breakfast was very good. I chose to dine in my room, and the delivery was prompt although there were some errors in the order which was done by checking boxes on a card, so no excuses really.

My one major disappointment was being forgotten by the bartender who took our order for four hot chocolates and 2 coffees and just FORGOT to bring the drinks! As the lobby bar was very quiet (Sunday evening), this was unacceptable. However, once we reminded him, he did bring a plate of cakes over for us to compensate.

All-in-all, a nice modern hotel in a grand old building. A bit overpriced however.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Madam, Sir,

First of all I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time and share your feed back after your recent stay with us. It is always very precious and a great help to improve our service, attentions…to meet our guests expectations.
We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay among us.
Once again thank you very much

Wishing you a prosperous HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Visiting Nantes for the first time I have decided to treat myself with a great hotel. As I am a regular of Radisson Blu, I picked this great one. It used to be the Court House and they definitely kept all the charm of it.
Bedrooms are great, bed is perfect but...
My shower head did not hang so I had to hold it to shower. Also when I wanted to close the curtain, the stick fell on my head. This could be ok but when I told the reception, not only the hostess did not seem to care but she told me that she would call the building manager to fix both these issues. 2 nights after no one came.

Another not pleasant moment was the room service, they had only few choices so I took a Croque Monsieur, it arrived burnt and they charge me the price of it plus 7 euros for delivery! What is the point to call it Room service of they charge the fact that you get it to your room.

Breakfast is not worth 25 euros.

Last but not least, today at the gym, I had to call to get water as there was none. The clerk laughed and told me she would bring some, she did not...

In conclusion, great location great building but poor staff or not very well managed. I will pick another one next time.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo