“too expansive”

Maison Baron Lefevre
Ranked #156 of 1,328 Restaurants in Nantes
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Madeleine - Champ de Mars

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

East Sussex
“Prize winning brasserie”
Reviewed 14 May 2008

They have just won a prize for the best brasserie in Nantes according to the paper I picked up somewhere in town, so we thought we'd go and check it out. It has a rustic feel, increased by the epicerie full of gourmet pots and jars at the front and the sight of the chef setting fire to his pan in the kitchen. But the tables are not crammed in and the service was excellent - especially when it came to choosing a wine (although it was the waitress not the sommelier who helped). In the evening, it is a la carte and the final bill is not small (138euro for two, with a very reasonably priced wine). At lunch they do a menu I believe, Mon-Fri, which could be a good bet as I think it was only about 19euro. Anyway, the cooking is certainly good; my foie gras starter was excellent, as were the sardines. But I would stick to the blackboard menu, as everything from there seemed just that bit better and portions were HUGE. The strawberry and macaroon dessert was much better than my creme brulee from the main menu. Compared with the other places we tried in town, this was way out on top.