“Worth a visit nice food”

Bistrot de la Place
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Bistrot de la Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 128 Restaurants in Saumur
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Good food and good wine: here's what you get at the Bistrot de la Place! We serve fresh homemade food that you can choose off the "a la carte" menu or from our set menus. And if you're feeling peckish during the day, we also offer oysters, cured meat and cheese platters. During spring and summer, our outside terrace will allow you to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of this small and cute square of Saumur.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Went here on recommendation, great location very busy place small menu which was fine, food was very good, just found service very slow for a Wednesday evening mid June. But worth a visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I'm not normally one to write reviews, unless negative, but this place was great. My partner and I went on the second night of a 5 day trip and I had one of the best meals of my life - the three course option was great value and choice of wines was good. I pestered to go back every night but partner insisted on trying a couple of other places over the next nights to see more of the area but he then accepted that although nice, the other places weren't a patch on here. Second mealwas even better (would highly recommend the pineapple crumble to finish). We are generally late diners so on the second visit were the last people in the place but didn't feel hurried at all, and the staff were very friendly. To be honest I'd go back to Saumur largely for this place.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very central, good varied menu, friendly service, expected good wine list and reasonable value, ticks all the boxes.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Right on the square so a great place to sit. Standard French bistro food but with some local twists. All cooking of good quality. Small but interesting local wine list. Friendly service. Because of location, very popular with tourists, so not much local atmosphere. Not our favourite Saumur restaurant but worth a visit.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My sister and I enjoyed our meal here. The staff was very nice and hospitable. Had a nice glass of local wine. Loved the cheese selection. That was probably my favorite. Should have made that my meal! I think we shocked them because we wanted the cheese as an appetizer instead of for dessert.

1  Thank NHsisters