“best on holiday”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Eat here twice on our two day visit, it was without doubt the best food of our eight day holiday to France, both nights very busy with plenty of French people, always a good sign! The atmosphere was great , partly due to sitting outside on a lovely evening but also to our waiter Hakob who went out of his way to make our meals so enjoyable with his helpful manner and great service.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is possibly Saumur's most popular restaurant - and justifiably so. It has a range of menus, some of them mixing meat and fish with an imaginative flourish, plus an extensive a la carte, and a wine list to match The small team of waiters performs wonders, and the atmosphere is one of bustle, enjoyment, and serious eating and drinking. You would do well to reserve to be certain of a table.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

If you are not going to eat sea food do not go to this restaurant. The other meals were a bit ordinary and the presentation was a tad strange with rice served with pasts. They do really good mussels. There are better places to go

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Very good food especially the moules and duck off the fixed price menu. The duck was excellent, one off the best meals I have had although another night the steak was only average. My partner enjoyed her two meals; moules off the main menu and langoustine. Gets busy so decided to book a table for our second visit. Staff are patient and very helpful.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I visited this restaurant last week and thoroughly enjoyed my meal. Delicious Moules with a blue cheese sauce, a very generous portion. Main course Scallops, again delicious.
The service was friendly and efficient.
I had been to this restaurant several years ago, and had enjoyed the food then, I look forward to my next visit.