I have never taken the trouble to write a hotel review, but we had such a perfect time at Chateau De Verrieres that I thought that this time I had to. The Chateau is every bit as stunning as the photos suggest. It is a short and pleasant walk from the center of Saumur, which is itself perfectly located for enjoying the region's extraordinary historic sites (and restaurants and vineyards). We stayed in a junior suite, which was stunning. It was big, sunny, comfortable, beautifully furnished....what more could you want? But the truly amazing feature of this hotel is the proprietors. You will never find a hotel run by more charming and helpful people. While not being at all intrusive, they are warm and welcoming, and happy to take the time to share their extensive knowledge of the region. When we missed our train to Paris (we were having such a good time we forgot to check the tickets) Yolaine drove us to the station and handled the negotiations with the french railways! This place is really too good to miss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verrieres is an elegant chateau, built in 1895 to host balls and elegant parties for the officers from the famous Cavalry School.It has been artfully restored. Only 10 rooms and Suite to welcome you. Each room is unique, filled with light through the high windows. Verrieres stands in huge grounds with an heated pool. Step in directly into the heart of old Saumur and make your choice among the delicious restaurant located around Verrieres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Chateau De Verrieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Verrieres Saumur
- Chateau De Verrieres Hotel Saumur