My husband and I stayed in Room Romantique for 2 nights and it seriously wasn't long enough. The Chateau De Verrieres is such a beautiful chateau with such wonderful, warm hosts that we wished we had more time to soak up the decadence and hospitality.
Our room was very large with a glorious aspect out over the garden, and our bathroom was spacious, with a great bath. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds we found in a month of French accommodation, very restful. The gardens were exquisite, the pool a relaxing oasis and the centre of town only a short walk away.
Breakfast was very good, varied, fresh and tasty and the other guests were very pleasant.
Would stay here again in a heart beat (but for longer next time).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verrières is an élégant Château, built in 1895 to host receptions and elegant parties for the officers from the famous Cavalry School. It has been artfully restored, romantic atmosphere. Only 10 rooms and Suite to welcome you. Each room is unique, filled with light through the high windows. Verrieres stands in huge grounds with a heated pool, spa and sauna. Step in directly into the heart of old Saumur and make your choice among the delicious restaurant located around Verrières. Free wi-fi and parking. All comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Chateau de Verrieres & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Verrieres Saumur
- Chateau De Verrieres Hotel Saumur