There isn't much to say: it's a chateau!
The rooms are beautiful, the location is good, but not too close to the centre of the town and the hosts are very welcoming and helpful. The Internet works well and there is on-site parking. The breakfast is too expensive, but it isn't obligatory. The bathroom in our suite was enormous, and all the ceilings are roughly 20 feet high!
It's a chateau! If you can afford it, stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verrières is an élégant Château, built in 1895 to host receptions and elegant parties for the officers from the famous Cavalry School. It has been artfully restored, romantic atmosphere. Only 10 rooms and Suite to welcome you. Each room is unique, filled with light through the high windows. Verrieres stands in huge grounds with a heated pool, spa and sauna. Step in directly into the heart of old Saumur and make your choice among the delicious restaurant located around Verrières. Free wi-fi and parking. All comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chateau de Verrieres & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Verrieres Saumur
- Chateau De Verrieres Hotel Saumur