It is rare that you can barely believe that you are walking into a hotel, but this is one such place. It looks like a proper chateau, in a secluded location just out of the town centre, but within easy walking distance of all amenities. It is like being taken back to the nineteenth century and staying in a French gentleman's residence. The reception rooms are vast and beautifully furnished in period style, and the bedrooms are similar, with acres of space, large bathroom and all facilities. There is no evening meal, but the couple who run the hotel are kindness itself and can book any one of the many restaurants in Saumur for you, all of which are within walking distance. Breakfast is in a unique vaulted cellar, and is quite an experience. Unequivocally recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verrières is an élégant Château, built in 1895 to host receptions and elegant parties for the officers from the famous Cavalry School. It has been artfully restored, romantic atmosphere. Only 10 rooms and Suite to welcome you. Each room is unique, filled with light through the high windows. Verrieres stands in huge grounds with a heated pool, spa and sauna. Step in directly into the heart of old Saumur and make your choice among the delicious restaurant located around Verrières. Free wi-fi and parking. All comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chateau de Verrieres & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Verrieres Saumur
- Chateau De Verrieres Hotel Saumur