“Nice staff, good location...small rooms”

Kyriad Saumur Centre
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Saumur
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Staff was great, went out of their way to help with everything - directions, local sights, restaurants...Centrally located, right by the hub of town with restaurants and shopping close by.

The rooms are VERY small, could barely fit luggage in the room. Tiny bathrooms. Was Ok as I was by myself, for two people, you would have to minimize time in the room. At the moment there is a construction site that adds some morning noise.

There are probably better choices in the City center

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Kyriadsaumur, Responsable réception at Kyriad Saumur Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Hello and thank you to take time to give your opinion concerning your stay.
You appreciate to be in the town center and just walk few minutes to find restaurants... It's something appreciable in our hotel.
Concerning our room... Yes we have some small rooms, some bigger rooms too. We try to adapt size of the room for one or two people. Superior room are bigger than classique room and it is better when you are in couple... And luxe room are our biggest rooms if you need more more space. All rooms are different. Hope to welcome you another time and make you discover our luxery room with your "amoureux(se) " !

Amélie, réception

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

First the good, friendly staff, central location, secure parking, clean
The bad, a ridiculously small room and bathroom which was so small it was impossible to sit properly on the toilet!! Also the room was stiflingly hot and the fan quite useless. It's also opposite a building site at the moment which starts at 7am. I wouldn't go back

Stayed: July 2014
Kyriadsaumur, Responsable réception at Kyriad Saumur Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hello and thank you to take time to give your review.
And also thank you very much for your "good" : staff, clean...

I'm really disappointed that you did not like your room. we hope that our guests spend a good stay and ask on arrival if the room is correct for you. All our rooms are different and we try to offer you a place you like. We also have "supérieure" room wich are bigger, some with air conditionned...

I read that you won't come back here so I wish you very good "motorbike trip" !!!

Regards,

Amélie, réception

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Chose this hotel purely based on their secure parking for our motorbike and central location. Was pleasantly surprised by the warm and helpful welcome and upgrade to a spacious room. Our room was clean and comfortable and the town centre is within easy walking distance.
The only let down was next morning trying to explain to the receptionist that I had booked via Fairbooking which gave us a free breakfast. The receptionist knew nothing about it so I gave up, thinking I had mixed up my hotels. We paid for breakfast but it wasn't worth the money so I felt doubly annoyed when I checked on return home to confirm it should have been free.
A small gripe and it doesn't detract from the overall positive experience. Recommend for bikers but get a croissant in town!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here in the summer with our two children for a night when travelling down through France and we really enjoyed it. The room was large, there were two big double beds, the bathroom was really nice and the whole feel of the place was so much nicer than a couple of other similarly priced places we stayed. The location was great, walking distance to lots of bars and restaurants and there was free parking in the car park just across the road. Staff were friendly too. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hello and thank you for your positive review !
We hope to welcome you again in Kyriad Saumur !!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were 6 wet and weary cyclists on the Velo Loire route when we arrived, but were given a very warm welcome by the gentleman on reception - I think his name was Caspar. It felt more like a private hotel rather than one of a chain. Importantly for us, it was relatively easy to find, had ample secure storage for the bikes, tea making facilities in the room to warm us up and an efficient bathroom radiator for drying clothes. Caspar gave us suggestions for a walking tour of the centre and some recommendations for restaurants. Breakfast was the customary format for a French hotel and nothing wrong with that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2013

we were a group of three touring France on motorbikes and secure parking is always a priority. The hotel has a lock up garage and the proprieter was more than helpful in ensuring that our bikes were safely locked away and that we had access when we needed. I have never stayed with Kyriad and my first impressions were very good. The hotel was very clean and looked recently decorated. We had booked two rooms, mine had an excellent bathroom and great shower with complimentary flip flops for the bathroom. The hotel is in the centre of the town and ideally located for shopping, eating out etc. There was a slight mix up with our rooms that the staff sorted out very efficiently and without fuss. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diam0nd_Dawg
Kyriadsaumur, Responsable réception at Kyriad Saumur Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you very much for your opinion !! We will be pleased to welcome you another time, your and your motorbike !!

Amélie

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel was charming, and the staff was great! It had a "boutique hotel" feel for a fraction of the price. Each room was different, and I was lucky enough to stay in the upstairs room with a wonderful bathroom including a clawfoot tub. The location was ideal to the cetner of Saumur, and the hotel was a pleasant surprise for my comrades and I who have stayed in similarly-priced hotels all over France for our scholarly program that is based out of Paris. We had the fortune of experience a nice wine-tasting after a hard day of work in town-- thanks to the hotel's staff. Breakfast was also perfect. I highly recommend this hotel and I might even take my husband there to experience the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business