“Fantastic lunch!”

Price range: US$9 - US$23
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2016

My dad, step-mom, husband and I were trying to find somewhere to eat in Chateau-Thierry before doing some Champagne tastings. With found ourselves choosing Il Calcio because it was about all that was available at noon on a Monday and hoped it would be at least okay.

We had wonderful service, our drinks came swiftly and our order was taken when we were ready. We were seated near the pizza oven so my husband and I knew we were in for some good pizzas, while my dad was happy to see all the plates of pasta leave the kitchen (he had ordered the spaghetti). My step-mom had a entire block of goat's cheese on top of her salad. The food exceeded our expectation.

We seriously had just hoped for some not bad Italian food and left full with our expectations blown away. I'd certainly go back.

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 28 October 2015

We stopped here on our way to Belleau Wood memorial and had lunch. It was FANTASTIC. The pizzas were huge and bountiful and the pastas were truly divine. The wine list, surprisingly, was outstanding. We were seated immediately and had our food/drinks rather quickly... I highly recommend this location. It is clean, the bathrooms are large and very clean and the wait staff is incredibly helpful.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 23 August 2015

We ate here twice whilst in the area as it was one of only a handful of places which catered for vegetarians. The food was fantastic very tasty and plentiful, the service could not be faulted they were very happy to explain certain things on the menu in more detail. Most of our party had pizza or pasta which was all lovely. I opted for the vegetable lasagna, which was the best tasting lasagna I have ever eaten. I wanted to ask for the recipie but others in the party found this too embarrassing.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Went twice in a week. First time on a quiet Tuesday and the place was packed. The misses reckons its one of the best pizza she has had. I went for this pasta salad with a mix of crustations, it is one of the best things I have ever eaten! Steak well prepared. On the Friday visit we had booked... Good job because this joint was full of locals by 10 past 12. Tageletali Carbonara very good. Even the Green Salad worked for a small starter. Oh, service... Fantastic. Did not hesitate to leave a tip as all staff were most helpful. One of the waitresses spoke really good English which helped due to my pigeon French! I would recommend to book on busy days, such as Friday. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 7 July 2015

We picked this restaurant from Trip Advisor reviews as we did not want to eat in our hotel. We love the local places and this was a hit. We had a carafe of local wine. I had spaghetti and my husband had a pizza - both excellent. Easy to find at Hotel de Ville square and adequate parking (paid).

Date of visit: July 2015