“Ocean view is spectacular”

La Petra Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Anda
London, United Kingdom
“Ocean view is spectacular”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

If the beautiful view of the sea you have from relaxing by the pool isn't enough to satisfy you then you can simply walk the 15 steps down to practically your own private beach. So secluded it was the perfect setting for my proposal to my fiancee.

Half of the rooms are huts beside the swimming pool and each looks out on to the ocean. Our room was great, had aircon, tv and dvd and separate toilet.

We made some trips along the beach in to the small town of Anda but mostly ate at the hotel, the food was good and all the staff were very warm and friendly. The owner, Ms.Williams was also very cordial and helped to make sure our stay was very special even collecting and dropping us off to the bus station on arrival and departure.

Room Tip: I would strongly recommend spending a little extra to get one of the huts overlooking the beach, it...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shane n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 February 2013

It was realy awsome in there the view on the ocean and the perfect beach i love that and i would go back there ;)The owner was really frendly and even the staff was really helpfull with enything you need.The rooms and pool side we're clean and tidy.Food in restaurant was great and if anybody decide to go there that is place of your dreams.There is just one thing i didn't like and that was change in restaurant it was always wrong so you better watch that it was small amount of money almost every time but that was the only thing wrong in there ...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2013

My boyfriend and I was warmly welcomed by the lovely owner Inez and her wonderful friendly staff who are indeed extremely attentive. They are always around when we requested for something. The ocean view was awesome as soon as you wake up in the morning. We enjoyed our little walk on the beachside every morning and did our jogging when we feel like. Although, some days were wet/raining but we always find something to do. We go for a drive and thanks to Inez she let us take one of her staff to show us around the area which we enjoyed.
One thing my boyfriend and I won't forget is that the owner and her team of staff made a surprise birthday celebration for my boyfriend and it was memorable and I still have a video of it. It was Ver special indeed and thank you so much for making our January holiday memorable. Hope to see you again!! I highly recommend!!!
I made a mistake sorry! there is no Spa and fitness centre but I can't undo my rating...sorry Inez using my IPad

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I was made so welcome by all at La Petra over the Christmas break, the staff were extremely attentive and always around when I needed something. Everything was well looked after, clean room, excellent pool. The food was good, made to order and the staff seemingly didn't mind working during the Christmas holiday! I felt they were willing to go the extra mile to make my holiday memorable and it was much appreciated! Highly recommended by me!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed there for a week, wanted to leave after ten minutes. Room not clean, grounds were mud, owners would yell at each other constantly, took hours for food to be served and some nights hours to be told that what you ordered wasn't available. Staff had zero motivation to look after you, most spent all day on the Internet and disinterested. Thankfully we found anda white beach next door and spent all our time there. Oh and when we'd return to la Petra we were grilled about why we didn't eat at la Petra. All in all couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed December 2011
5 Thank Worldbattler

Travellers are raving about these Anda hotels

Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We (my cousin and I on a roundtrip), came in as 'walk-ins' on our motorbikes, did not book in advance so the request to pay in advance ( fP 3000,- per night for a 3-person beach cabin) sounded totally fair to us. As Dutchmen we were taken aback a little at first by the prominently present German memorabilia in the lobby and the restaurant/bar on the first floor, but when we met the owners it all made sense. The've lived in Germany for 25 years or so, and brought some of it to Bohol. Including the kitchen ! a perfect schnitzel w. red cabbage and kartoffels , right in the middle of the tropics, just a little crazy but fun. The beach cabins are very comfortable, the view and surroundings are absolutely beautiful. When you take stroll along the beach towards the village you simply feel priviliged to be there. The staff was very friendly and relaxed (Maricris, we'll never forget you!). This is a more laid-back place, so don't expect waiters in white uniforms behind the counter of the beach bar (etc) all the time. Just take a little initiative of you own and everything will work out fine. The same goes for the other facilities. This is not a five star hotel, but a tranquil beach resort and when you set your mood accordingly you cannot go wrong. another example: We were not bothered by the fact that the aircon in the cabin is quite noisy, simply cool the room before you go to sleep, turn the machine off and enjoy the sounds of the beach, birds and gekko's. You're in the Philipines, man ! I came to know the owners as very nice people. Inay (not sure if I got her name right) is a very spontaneous woman who speaks her mind clearly and sure is in for a good laugh-be it in English or German. When we were short on cash on the end of our stay (which we extended, but were taken by surprise by the fact that there are REALLY no ATM's on Bohol outside the main port town of Tagbilaran, 110 km away) - she was very helpful by organizing payment via the online pay facility (PIN machine) of the neigbour (the more fancy White Beach Resort). As for the somewhat sour sounding reviews on service or handling issues: Offcourse I can not judge on them, I wasn't there, but based on my own experiences I can only suggest that there are problably two sides to those stories.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Menno L
honolulu, hawaii
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We really liked the owner and her husband who were attentive, funny, helpful, thoughtful, and informative. Good value. Friendly staff, but still in need of some training. Great food prepared by the owner herself. Husband Jonnie attentive to all guests and their needs. Try the Nipa Huts that are perfectly situated overlooking the beach and sunrise! Quiet and out-of-the way location. Try beachcombing your way in to Anda town proper. Still undeveloped and a nice antidote to the tourist heavy areas of Panglao.

Room Tip: Try to book one of the Nipa Huts overlooking the beach. The one at the far end is the quietest but t...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank honolulumark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anda
Anda White Beach Resort
J&R Residence
J&R Residence
#2 of 6 in Anda
Blue Star Dive & Resort
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Boho...
#1 of 11 in Tagbilaran City
Amun Ini Beach Resort & Spa
Flower Beach & Dive Resort Bohol

Been to La Petra Beach Resort? Share your experiences!