“Fine for an overnight stay, but take care where you park your car!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of hotelF1 Angouleme

hotelF1 Angouleme
hotelF1 Angouleme
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Angouleme
Folkestone, England
“Fine for an overnight stay, but take care where you park your car!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed here overnight on a trip home from Spain. Coming from the South I found the road signs confusing and took a couple of wrong turns before finding the hotel. The room was clean and quiet. I parked as near as I could to the hotel. The next morning a large delivery lorry was parked right in front of the hotel entrance, completely blocking the exit from the section of the car park in front of the hotel. I politely asked the driver to move. He refused and told me to drive across the kerb and grass! As my car is quite low off the ground and I don't like messing up people's lawns I was reluctant to do this - in addition to this, the gap was very narrow and in the end the driver had to guide me through. I speak fluent French so this was not a language problem - he was just being unco-operative. So my advice is to park in the section of the car park furthest from the hotel.

Room Tip: When I booked by credit card on the machine outside the hotel, I was allocated Room 102, which is on...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Machynlleth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

The hotel is slightly difficult to find, but it is next to the Ibis and Etap hotels which are clearly signed so follow signs for them! It is also very near to the large Geant Hypermarket - where we found the cheapest Petrol we found the whole time we were in France.

We arrived late, checking in using the machine, and did not have breakfast so we did not speak to any staff. The hotel has been done up it seems quite recently. The room was fine, clean and comfortable. There was no road noise. Showers and toilets down the corridor which were clean. One of the great things about Formule 1 is that the 2 or 3 room occupants can all go to the toilet/shower at the same time which you cannot do in an ensuite room.

Thats all you get here really which is why it is so cheap! Free Wifi.

Again great for a stopover but I would not want to spend any lengthly amount of time in the room awake as its quite small.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank rtl2
Braintree, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

We stayed overnight at this little gem and really wished we hadn't. We booked at the last minute, presuming we would be staying in a basic but comfortable hotel with reasonable facilities. We were wrong. The hotel was in dire need of refurbishment: the door frames in our room were coming away from the walls, the flooring didn't fit properly, paint was peeling. There was a toilet, but only a sink, no shower or bath. The receptionist, who spoke to us in very fast French did tell us that the facilities weren't so good, but with a Gallic shrug that indicated it was all we were likely to get. Since it was late in the day and we'd travelled some distance to get there, we opted to put up with it for the night. The bed was actually surprisingly comfortable, which helped as the hotel was situated right next to the motorway...If you need a stopover in the area, try the b&b in La Scie, near Limalonges, which we used on our return trip.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen N

Travellers are raving about these Angouleme hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Angouleme
Premiere Classe Angouleme Ouest - Saint Yrieix
Premiere Classe Angouleme Ouest ...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Yrieix-sur-Charente
Ibis Budget Angouleme Centre
Ibis Budget Angouleme Centre
#16 of 20 in Angouleme
Hotel Saint Antoine
Hotel Saint Antoine
#5 of 20 in Angouleme
Campanile Angouleme Ouest - Saint Yrieix
Campanile Angouleme Ouest - Sain...
#2 of 2 in Saint-Yrieix-sur-Charente
Hotel Epi d'Or
Hotel Epi d'Or
#4 of 20 in Angouleme
Ibis Styles Angouleme Nord
Ibis Styles Angouleme Nord
#1 of 4 in Champniers

Been to hotelF1 Angouleme? Share your experiences!