“Great Hotel in great location with great staff”

Hotel Francois Premier
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Cognac
San Bruno, California
“Great Hotel in great location with great staff”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Our stay at the Hôtel François Premier was excellent. The staff was extremely professional, yet friendly and very helpful. The rooms are beautiful and extremely clean. We were there only for one night but we truly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is very well located. We walked to the Hennessy house and had a tour. We had a drink at the hotel bar after our dinner and really had a nice time chatting with one of the hotel staff (sorry forgot her name). We strongly recommend the Hôtel François Premier at Cognac.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jc_PCH1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
NYC
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I've stayed in Cognac a number of times and this was the first time at Hotel Francois.
Pros: comfy bed, great location, windows that actually open, attractive decor, clean and nicely put together. Great lobby bar (they have some barrel aged cocktails). Good breakfast. Friendly and bilingual staff.
Did I mention location? Very very central.

Cons: although I slept soundly, I think there could be some soundproofing issues between floors and the walls. Nothing major. You are on a traffic circle so there will be some traffic noise if you open the windows. If you keep them closed, it's pretty quiet considering the traffic circle and all the restaurants and cafés nearby.

I would gladly stay here again. In fact, it's now my go-to for Cognac.

Room Tip: High floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bordeaux, France
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We only stayed for one night, but it was very comfortable for my husband and two children. Modern bathrooms, comfortable beds, a mini fridge and a nice bar in the lobby.
Definitely visit the pool and go to the Brasserie across the circle for a very nice meal.
The only down side was the receptionist was not at all friendly, but otherwise the hotel was divine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Singapore
Reviewed 5 May 2014

It was overall a great experience.The best service we have experienced in France after living here for more than one year. The staff was excellent, extremely helpful and did everything for us from making bookings for tours to help with restaurants etc. They were extremely patient and very polite and went out of their way to assist us and in fact, all the other guests in the hotel. My wife was not feeling well in the morning and they even offered to serve breakfast in bed and also gave us a late check out without even asking for it. And I was asked whether I needed a wake up call in the morning, something I have never been asked in my entire time with numerous hotels in France and took me completely by surprise!!
The room was very good, except for the bizarre shower but that is a very minor issue. Oh yes, we were also upgraded so that helped as well. We had a great view from the room of the city and the surrounding area.
The hotel is also very well located within walking distance to almost everything you need to see or visit in cognac including the main cognac houses.
This hotel deserves a 5 star rating just because of their service levels!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 3rd floor with a view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tgta
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Super staff super hotel a little expensive but the hotel was well fitted out and just about worth it even for the great service. Breakfast was good and their choice of cocktails and cognacs excellent. Very happy to return their next time. Parking at the back very welcome

Stayed November 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I spent my 1st anniversary weekend in this beautifull and accomodating place. Since the moment of the reservation Valerie, Chantal and Sophie have been very helpfull and kind. I have to say that I have been very demanding but what they realised has been something absolutely outstanding. The champagne, the flowers and the cake were amazing and taken into the room always with perfect timing. The room was amazing with a big maybe better enormous bed lovely bath and shower. My girlfriend and me simply loved the hotel and the experience. Beautiful the swimming pool and the turkish bath. AMAZING!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room 33.. Extremely beautiful
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stay in this hotel for a week. As a hotel manager I am a high demanding customer but the people at Francois Premiere exceed my expectations. Impeccable full service bar, nice and hot breakfast and even the pool are some of the amenities. The location is spectacular near basically all the Cognac houses.

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cognac
L'Yeuse
#4 of 10 in Cognac
Ibis Cognac
Ibis Cognac
#7 of 10 in Cognac

Been to Hotel Francois Premier? Share your experiences!