“So very rude!”

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So very rude!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Tried to seat a group of 6 adults and 3 toddlers at this place. Looked ideally located and advertised crepes which was exactly what we wanted. One of the group popped inside to use the toilet whilst the group were seated outside. Unfortunately the group were refused food by a very rude old lady who refused even to make eye contact. When the person exited the toilet he was chased down the road by two members of staff exclaiming the toilets were for patrons only...unreal. Lost out on a lot of money and I hope as a result of this review, they lose even more!

• Visited July 2013

Paris, France
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We ate dinner here on a cold, windy February 3. The place didn't look very welcoming and there was only one lady serving. My wife ordered Moule Frites - to be told they were off the menu as it was out of season. Fair enough - we all chose a savoury galette. "You can't go much wrong with a pancake can you?" I commented to my wife. The place was beginning to fill up and I dreaded having to wait hours to be fed. But no - after 10 or 15 minutes our meals arrived and they were...very, very good. (We live in France and my wife is French so we appreciate good food) We then ordered desserts and they too were excellent. I read one of the comments here that claimed "the ice-cream wasn't "artisanale"...not made in house and not even as good a quality as the ice cream sold in French supermarkets". Rubbish. I could care less if it were made in-house or not - it was very good ice-cream (and we eat a lot of French ice-cream). I enjoyed this meal so much I even tipped the waitress (owner?) €10 on a €61 bill for four people eating 4 galettes/4 desserts/2 OJs and a Heineken.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank FelixFaure
Kent
“Very poor, mis-advertised ice cream!”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I LOVE proper, French artisanale ice cream so when we saw this advertised at this nice looking cafe with a great view of the old port we stopped for a cold drink and a couple of scoops. Sadly, the ice cream is not artisanale, not made in house and not even as good a quality as the ice cream sold in French supermarkets! Very, very disappointed and annoyed at the false advertising.
It's a real shame because we had a galette at this cafe a couple of years ago and it was really lovely - not sure if the owners have changed or the ice creams were always terrible.
It's got two stars for the good situation and the view (good for people watching) but I certainly won't eat here again.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank SightseerKent
Victoria, Canada
“Looks great for desserts and romantic outings”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We showed up for dessert crepes with our young, whiny children. Staff was pleasant to us and from the decor and couples around us, probably not used to little children in this establishment. (The restaurant looked closed from the outside because of the low [mood] lighting.) The ice cream desserts looked amazing when we saw them served to a young couple nearby. Yes, service wasn't speedy but I imagine the restaurant caters to romantic couples on holiday, given its location overlooking the Old Port, and trendy interior.

• Visited May 2012