Looks great from the outside. Rooms are really form over function, wardrobes consist of shelves in the main bedroom with no doors. Bathroom really cramped for 2 agile , thin people. Shower floor consisted of a perforated sheet of stainless which was obviously difficult to hygiene hence fusty smell.No toiletries in bathroom apart from a small bar of soap and a bottle of shower gel / shampoo fixed to the shower wall, the sort of thing I would expect in a travel lodge. Despite being expensive, we were only given one 500ml bottle of water during our 3 day stay. We were given two Toblerones ( sweet size) on the first evening , nothing on subsequent evenings. No tea making facilities, no iron. Lighting in corridors operated by movement sensors, a bit like being on a ghost train with the undulating floors, we had a competition to see how far we could run up the pitch black corridor before they came on. Staff were great, very friendly with exceptional english. Breakfasts OK although expensive , strange arrangement where baskets of bread are removed before they are empty, leaving the breakfast room bread less until the person comes back with the full basket, would have been easier to bring the full basket and then take the partly empty one back allowing people to continue serving themselves ?? Beds very comfy. Car parking an extra, getting into and out of the underground car park not for the faint hearted or range rover drivers !!
Too minimalistic for its own good and a victim of form over function.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic 17th century building has been given a current makeover with decor that is audacious and livelyThe hallways, lounges and 36 rooms and suites offer a warm and modern luxury atmosphere. Very high quality bedding in the rooms with Garden or patio view, a hearty buffet breakfast mostly with local products.The private spa offers an infinity jacuzzi, sauna, and water jets massage tables.La Monnaie Art & Spa Hotel is located in the historic town center of La Rochelle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your La Monnaie Art & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Monnaie Art And Spa Hotel
- La Monnaie Art Hotel La Rochelle
- De La Monnaie Hotel
- Hotel De La Monnaie
- De La Monnaie Rochelle