“A sticky end”
Review of Iseo

Iseo
Reserve with
Iseo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 536 Restaurants in La Rochelle
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Iseo enjoys a great location in the old port and served us decent food with an interesting Asian twist. So all was good on a balmy evening until my cafe gourmand. When I came across a nougat like white blob in the coffee I thought it was some innovative nougat like addition. Mistakenly I put in in my mouth only to find it was chewing gum. Although mistakes can happen the head waitress said it was impossible which I took as shorthand for "you are lying and put it there yourself". I couldn't eat there again partly because of the "bad taste" the gum left me with but more significantly the sense that quality control is lacking and denial leads to mistakes being repeated. By the way the cafe gourmand was still charged for and paid for, bringing it to her attention was not about trying to get something for nothing

5  Thank malcolmswain

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing, the best food we have had in France. Incredible flavours and great value. Tuna tartare sang, Ocean salad is so amazing. Eat here!!!!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Taken here by my father in law and local gastro nome, we were delighted by the friendly relaxed but attentive service, the intriguing menu, the good value set menus and the variety of the specials. The food was wonderful, beautiful fresh seafood seasoned with a twist of asiatic mystery. Can particularly recommend everything, we tried most of it. Excellent location too. We will be back!!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor we thought it worth a try. We were not disappointed by the great service with helpful efficient staff and the dishes were delicious. My starter was a seafood and mozzarella spring roll with a spiced coconut sauce, it worked really well. The setting is great, we sat inside as it was a very sunny lunchtime but still had good views of the old port and the atmosphere outside. Would definitely return!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This restaurant packs in the lot, a reasonable price for the quality e21/25 for the two fixed price 3 course lunches,or less with two courses, a great position, one of the best in La Rochelle looking over the two towers and harbour, cheerful and efficient bunch of staff, add to this great food, either straight seafood or cooked with an oriental twist and you have a superb combination. Clever owner offers a large variety of carafe wines at mostly around e14 for 50cl, generallly perfect for two with lunch, not a rip off and super profits for the restaurant. Even includes coffeee gourmond with the more expensive menu.

Even the online booking service is excellent. Essential to book.