We were on holiday in France, and travelled down to La Rochelle. We are a family of 4 - two adults, 1 teenager, and a child.
The hotel is some way out of La Rochelle - about 10 minutes walk along the shipping channel to the town centre.
The hotel is hidden in a fairly new and faceless industrial estate. It isn't that easy to find either - look for signposts in red on your left hand side, not the right!
The hotel itself is fairly non-descript, but well kept and with plenty of parking. Reception was clean and well tended, and check-in was smooth and efficient. The receptionist spoke excellent English, and was very helpful. There is a large car park at the side of the reception, with lots of space.
Reception closes at 11pm, and you will need a pass code to get into the hotel after that time.
The apartment was TERRIFIC! It included:
- a superbly equipped kitchen (with tea and coffee making facilities!)
- a super living room with settee, table and chairs, plus a TV with satellite channels - the settee folded down into two single beds
- a huge double bedroom
- well equipped bathroom with everything working!
There was no evening food in the hotel, so we drove into La Rochelle, which is a lovely town with lots of character. A 10 minute stroll brings you through the port - very pretty - and right into the centre of the town. Well worth the walk!
Whilst in town we also bought groceries for our stay - bear in mind there was an excellent kitchen, with fridge, cooker, grill, cutlery and crockery!
Now for the one downside. On return to the hotel, the beds were rock hard - really, really uncomfortable. Points deducted :(
The hotel also has a terrific outdoors pool - ideal for the kids!
This is a really good hotel apartment, reasonably priced. If they fixed the beds I would say it was excellent. It is ideal for visiting La Rochelle and the surrounding area, I would stay here again.
- large rooms, well equipped and clean
- superbly equipped kitchen
- friendly staff
- hard beds!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Appart'hotel Odalys Archipel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.