“A gastronomic experience followed by a good night's sleep”

Auberge du Centre-Poitou
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Poitiers
UK
“A gastronomic experience followed by a good night's sleep”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Very special elaborately prepared meal which was delicious. Good night's sleep and friendly staff.

We liked the charming rustic antique interior, down to the little birds' nests by the entrance. Not our usual type of accommodation - but as they say, " You can't take it with you"!

Go with an open mind and curious palate, and come away delighted.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank The_diddler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We loved staying in this small village of Coulombiers. France (the owners' first name) Martine,
was so kind to us. We had our picnic lunch, that we hadn't yet eaten, with us when we arrived after 7:30 pm and even though they have a restaurant there, she agreed to let us enjoy our food on the patio and even brought dessert out from the kitchen. We enjoyed a nice breakfast there the next morning and after that, walked the village. It's only about 10 minutes from Poitiers. We would definitely go back if ever in that part of France again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dubai
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I was looking for someplace to spend 2 nights near Poitiers and Chauvigny where I wanted to photograph some historic buildings. I lived in France as a young man nearly 40 years ago and have travelled back and forth across the country almost every year since on road trips staying in rural inns and small hotels in small towns. It is hard to find a bad meal in France, and I have seldom had a room that was not satisfactory, and I was expecting a good room and a solid meal when I got there. But I got a lot more than I expected! I am glad I chose the Auberge du Centre-Poitou not only because the room was not expensive but was quite grand and comfortable with a most luxurious bathroom and lovely garden view, but also because, to my surprise, the food offered in the dining room was just superb by any standard, featuring local specialties and memorable wine. The innkeeper was charming and told me about the history of her family owning this inn for four generations. I will certainly stay there again on my next road trip through France.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business