“Rooms OK but WiFi unusable”
Review of ACE Hotel Poitiers

ACE Hotel Poitiers
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Poitiers
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel in located by the highway and it was a sleepover hotel for us too.
The rooms are nice and clean. They are well sound-proofed from the highway so that is great.

The breakfast was OK and it was great value for the money at 6,40 € / person (just paid 18€ for something not that much better;).

The only issue we had was WiFi.
We were told at the check-in that WiFi will not work as there are many guests at the hotel. But the hotel was at best half-booked. I would understand if it was really fully booked, but that was not the case.
Since I really needed the connection I ended up waiting for everyone else to get to sleep (like 1 am), so that I could do at least the most important things done.

We chose this hotel because it had WiFi. SInce this obviously wasn't a coincidence but a design flaw I'm giving them only 2 stars (for missleading us).

This is decent hotel IF you don't need a WiFi connection.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for ACE Hotel Poitiers

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is easy to find and excellent value for money. The staff are brilliant and the room couldn't have been better. Brilliant shower and really comfy bed. Safe secure parking, which is vital for me. We are so glad we chose this place. We stayed for one night on our way there and one night on our way back. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Chose this hotel on trip advisor based on reviews. Good, clean and very reasonable. Comfy large bed, good breakfast and clean and quiet. Good restaurant next door and you get 10% discount if you stay at the hotel :o)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mal D
Reviewed 4 June 2014

What a modern and nice hotel! The room was very spacious and very bright, with extra large beds. A perfect hotel for a stopover at a reasonable price. Staff was very helpful. Breakfast buffet is basic, but they serve just what you need.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hugo_Nina
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Easy found, looks new, modern, comfortable and very clean, large, well equipped room. Well sound proofed. Reception lady was very pleasant and helpful. Hotel was very dog friendly, found an area outside ideal for walking the dog. Superb value for money ! Not in town, eating place right beside it, might not suit everybody though.

Room Tip: Well soundproofed rooms can't suggest any tips all ok for me.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We were visiting Poitiers for a week and were looking for a reasonable hotel. Pleasantly surprised by this hotel. A little distance from the city center (6 km), but a straightforward drive. The rooms were clean and bright. You leave your key in a slot by the door to keep the power on in the room. Neat concept! The breakfast was delicious and had a nice variety. The only complaint about the area around the hotel was that it was fairly industrial and didn't have many restaurants near by. The staff was friendly and spoke English fairly well (better than my French!)Overall, really enjoyed our visit to the area and the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin_MarciaK
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Second time in the hotel.I booked through Hotels.com and despite confirmation of my booking through Hotels.com ,the receptionist did not have any record of it ! slightly worrying if you travel in summer .As it was,the hotel was quite empty and they were able to get me a room.In six months since I was last there ,little has changed.Yes,furniture seem a bit more "used",the mirror in the lift was broken,and there was a slight smell (probably caused by the carpet) in my room but otherwise ,it is still good value and the staff is very friendly .
I noted they are increasing the prices in January .
Time will tell how long they will retain their"crown" as the best value hotel(in their category ) in Poitiers.

Room Tip: choose a room overlooking the parking lot .
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo