“Absolutely stunning”

Route des Cretes La Ciotat Cassis
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We drove this route around the cliffs from La Ciotat to Cassis on a very clear and sunny evening. It's a steep and winding drive, and you have to take it carefully (allow one and a half hours), but it's well worth it. It's a succession of stunningly beautiful views of the coast, the mountains and the countryside in between.

One of the most spectacular and underrated attractions of the area.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Wife was scared as her side was"always on the cliff side"! thousands meters drop to the beach. A picturesque town of Cassis

2  Thank jim3329
Reviewed 22 April 2013

As an American living in Marseille, I was fortunate to discover Cassis. We went many times on the weekend which is a short distant away. Surprised that so many from US who have been to the South of France don't know this great place. The cliffs are frightening but beautiful at the same time. The port is worth a visit with a boat trip to the Calanques. Since I moved back to the U S I have returned to Cassis three times. Miss it when away.

1  Thank Albert K
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Cassis is lovey , very like St Tropaz it was very busy on Saturday and difficult to find a parking space but well worth the trouble , only went for the day and will definately go back and stay next time

1  Thank Carolyn C
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We went significantly out of our way to take this drive and it was well worth it. We stopped at several of the view stops and the views were absolutely breathtaking. We took a picnic lunch with us and stopped at one of the roadside stops and had our own little picnic area with the amazing view. Don't rush through it, stop and enjoy the views. I estimate that I took a couple hundred photos on this short drive, many of which I have enlarged because the scenery was just that amazing. One of the prettiest drives I can remember ever taking.

2  Thank scubadiverh