“Relaxing in a great atmosphere”
Review of La Bruissanne

La Bruissanne
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed 5 nights in this beuatiful B&B, during which we relaxed at the pool, enjoyed the quiet calm of the suroundings and the hospitality of the host. The B&B is located perfectly for trips to Aix, Aignon, Arles and to go for walks in the surounding hills and mountains. The room Marius, where we stayed first, was spacious and clean, while the room Cesar, our second room, was quiet a bit smaller and therefore a bit pricy. Howeer, both were decorated with taste and had there own little outside area to sit for a drink or read a book. Despite the heat outside the rooms stayed nicely cool. Breakfast consisted of croisant, pain, pastries, juice, coffee and yoghurt with red fruit (ery nice). We highly recommend this B&B!!

Room Tip: For just a bit more money I would choose the room Marius, spacious, calm, cool at night, own outside...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Bruissanne

Reviewed 20 July 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful stay! The house is so beautiful and Sophie is always very kind. By the way she speaks perfect English and this might be important for travelers of different countries. Also the breakfast is top-level. La bruissanne has a heated pool as well but we could not enjoy it because of the bad weather.

Andrea

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank andrea c
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Sophie's warm and professional welcome set the tone for an excellent stay at this beautiful property. I can only repeat the last few wonderful reviews, The house is set in a large wooded garden behind gates, it is like staying as a private guest in a country house.
Our room, Cesar, was quite small, but well designed in good taste. It was clean and comfortable, with real mohair blankets. Breakfast was delicious, and advice regarding nearby restaurants or visitng Aix were great.

Sophie's daughter is a wonderful singer-songwriter (we listened on YouTube), and I expect to hear her name around the world soon.

We will warmly recommend a stay at La Bruissanne to our friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2013

La Bruissanne is situated about two miles from the centre of Aix en Provence. It is tucked away down a lovely country lane and stands in its own private gardens. The beautifully equipped rooms have private entrances and guests can enjoy their breakfast privately, enjoying the lovely views of the garden. Everything is done to a very high standard and with panache and luxury! The facilities offered are excellent. There is a little kitchenette situated near to the house where guests can make fresh coffee, tea use the crockery, the microwave and nibble on delicious biscuits. There is a lovely large swimming pool with sun deck and beds for guests to enjoy in the summer months. In the garden room there is a large fridge and washing machine, all on hand for guest use. Sophie, the owner, is so welcoming, very friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the area. She ensures her guests have a really enjoyable and comfortable stay. A truly wonderful place to stay!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This property is one of the most beautiful and really has everything you could want. The breakfast is wonderful, the grounds of the property are restful and a delight for the eyes. Sophie was helpful with restaurants, activities. The beds and the bed linens were superb. For English speakers a few channels of anglophile news and internet in a common location was no problem. There is an outdoor kitchen area if you want to eat al fresco or just find a wine glass. At first I thought this property would be too far out of town, but I was completely mistaken. It is a quick and easy ride into Aix for parking and all the activities, then a beautiful, serene place to stay. I would go back and can give no higher recommendation than FANTASTIC!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We were supposed to rent a car in Nice and drive to La Bruissanne but that fell through when I realized I forgot my driver's license! We called Sophie via skype and she was extremely helpful and spoke great english. You need to take a bus from the Aix TGV Rail Station into town. Its a quick ride and then you can walk up in the city center and catch a cab to La Bruissanne for about 10 euro. We stayed in the "Fanny" cottage on the property and it was lovely. And we had our own sitting room for breakfast every morning. Breakfast was delicious french breads and pastries and creamy yogurt and fresh berries. Coffee was strong and wonderful. Hopefully you're not afraid of crickets because you may encounter some in your cottage. They are harmless! We wish we could've stayed longer and taken advantage of the pool and better weather. Sophie was also kind enough to give us rides into town when they were going. If you're going to Provence, Aix is a wonderful spot right in the middle of the region and La Bruissanne is a beautiful retreat to stay at. Also they have a huge Maine Coon cat named Gatsby who visited us a couple of times. All in all we really enjoyed our time here and in the Provence region. We highly recommend it and will definitely stay here again if we come back to the region.

Room Tip: If you don't rent a car, then budget on spending about 10-12 euros for 2 people each way to the...
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed at La Bruissanne in May in Marius. I follow a wheat free diet due to coeliac disease. When I paid Sophie over £300 for 3 nights stay, I wrote in french that I could not eat bread, but could eat fruit, eggs, cheese, yoghurt, french buckwheat pancakes (galettes) etc and would bring my own gluten free bread so as not to inconvenience her. She wrote back a curt note, saying that at La Bruissane they served a "french breakfast of croissants" . I was quite shocked by her inhospitable and unhelpful response. I had stayed in many french b and b's whose owners were always charming and provided a good breakfast. When we arrived she persisted in serving in a basket of croissants and did not even have a bowl of fresh fruit or a piece of cheese on the table as an alternative. It seemed that she was happy to take the money but not make any effort to provide the service. Another inconvenience was that the kettle is kept in an outdoor kitchen at the other side of the house, so if you want a hot drink you have to put a coat over your nightclothes and go through the dark and rain to make a cup of tea, rather like camping. It would be better to provide a kettle in the room.

Room Tip: The rooms are nice but take your own kettle and breakfast if necessary.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kirstie g
Bruissanne, Propriétaire at La Bruissanne, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear Kirstie,

Fisrt, I would like to apologize for this huge misunderstanding.

Yes, you had told me about your spécial diet.
I thought that since you had brought your own food and didn't ask for anything specific as I was serving breakfast, you were pleased with our home made yoghurt and its red fruits.
If only you had voiced your expectations, I would have gladly responded to them.

As for the kettle, it is clearly indicated on our website that an "outdoor" kitchen is at the disposal of our 3 rooms.

Lastly, I am sad that you had to wait to leave La Bruissanne to expose your disappointment on this breakfast issue when you never said a word about it when you were here...

Regards,