“Ok, but don't expect much especially in terms of customer attention...”
Review of Le Bleu Pourpre

and 1 more site!
Le Bleu Pourpre
Ranked #46 of 68 Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland
“Ok, but don't expect much especially in terms of customer attention...”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My wife and I stayed there for 5 days. In my opinion, the main problems are the distance (it's 10min driving from downtown, so you definitely need a car), the poor breakfast (8 euros for bread, jelly, pain-au-chocolat and coffee, they did not even have milk) and the fact they do not really care about you as a customer. Regarding this last opinion, what happened is that I asked about the complimentary water the hotel gently leaves in our minibar everyday, missing one night. They answered me that I should not expect it to be there everyday; since it was for free, some days they could not have it. I said they should warn us about it, because I could have bought at the supermarket, at least saying it could happen or leaving a note. They did not agree and started arguing with me, instead of asking for improvement suggestions - more important than the water itself, I believe.
On the positive side, the rooms are nicely decorated and clean. However, they are very bright in the morning making it very difficult if you want to sleep longer. The rooms are also very noisy (the hotel is on the side of a highway) and located in a business / industrial district. There is also a very busy restaurant managed by the same people that run the hotel; the restaurant has priority over it, it seemed.
Summary: stay there only if you do not find other option.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DBM_77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Marseille, France
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Travelling on business I found this hotel to be excellent. The rooms were comfortable, modern, very clean and furnished to a good standard. It is not too far from Marseille; only about 20 minutes from the airport (MRS) and 30 minutes from the city centre, mostly by motorway. The restaurant was also good, with a good menu. I found the staff to be outstanding in both their helpfulness and standard of English (for which I am grateful to them), particularly the receptionist who is a credit to the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to any business traveller who is working in the Marseille or surrounding areas.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
chiavari
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We liked it, it was clean, new and the hotel personel was friendly and welcoming.
We were use to have breakfast there every morning and for 12 euros was worth.
If I have to point out a defect it would be the missing fruit or yogurt at breakfast and the pillows wich we did not like and the missing wi-fi or internet connection... but i did not ask for it..

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
manila
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We booked online through bookings.com but we were not prepared for the location: in an industrial area, with hardly any activities in the area. The proprietor was VERY KIND and helped us negotiate for a transfer that same afternoon, which we appreciated very much!
The place was fine, it was just not appropriate for us since we were there for only 4 days, without a vehicle. Our taxi driver said it sometimes is difficult to get transport in the area.
Bookings .com charged us for cancellation, when we thought they would not. That was disappointing.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple