“Forget Paris, aix en Provence set better way to look France”

Tours in Provence - Day Tours
Ranked #9 of 42 Tours in Aix-en-Provence
More attraction details
Owner description: A private tour will be planned to fulfill your wishes of Provence. To make this tour and this visit of Provence a complete success, tell us what you want to see, know, taste, listen and try... And we will come up with a completely tailor made trip. Tours in Provence is the opportunity to discover the characteristics and diversities of our culture and amazing landscapes.
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Cecile has brought new perception for me & my wife about France. If you want to see good service, clean cities/villages & beautiful France, aix en Provence with Cecile is the best choice. Even when we went back to Paris, we think we better spend more time in Aix then Paris.
Thank you very much Cecile for your assistant

1  Thank Mfazriyulianto
Tours-in-Provence, Propriétaire at Tours in Provence - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Bonjour, Hello !
Many thanks for choosing my services and for your kind comments.
Of course Provence is a great area of France. And thanks to the high speed train Tgv Aix en Provence to Paris you can do both, the great city and the beautiful rich provençal area.
If you plan to come back we will plan together which area we may explore. Hope to see you back here in the futur.
Best regards, a bientôt

There are newer reviews for Tours in Provence - Day Tours

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We spent two nights in Aix after three days in paris, we wanted to spend a full day visiting sea side villages before driving to hill-top villages of Luberon. Although we are used to driving to everywhere in Europe, we decided to look for a day tour from Aix, so I (husband) can relax and enjoy everything without worrying about finding places, parking a car or finding a nice restaurant to eat lunch. So we found 'Tours in Provence' & Cecile (tour guide) because a high rating in tripadvisor. On our request to visit the Mediterranean sea, Cecile took us to Cassis and nearby fishing villages in a very comfortable nicely air-condtioned van. As other reviewers indicated, Cecile is very knowledgeable, thoughtful, and well organized. She is a simply very nice person who speaks excellent English and very comfortable to be with. This meant a lot to us, because instead of feeling that we are with an efficient tour guide all day, we felt after a short period of time as if we were with a family friend. The tour began with a visit to a field where we can see Mount St. Victoire, the favorite subject of Paul Cezanne. Then, she introduced us to a wonderful boat ride to Calanques, a very nice sea food restaurant on the coast, and gave us an exciting ride to a top of Cap Canaille that rises directly from the sea. What a fantastic view of the sea and its surroundings from there. Then we went to a next fishing village, La Ciotat where we had a cold drink. Overall this tour matched a fantastic private day tour we took last year from San Sebastian, Spain (see my review). So if you have a day or two, don't miss a day tour from Aix with Cecile to one of many beautiful destinations.

1  Thank sensei62
Tours-in-Provence, Propriétaire at Tours in Provence - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Bonjour !
Thank you for your nice comments! I am pleased to read that you enjoy your day tour to the Mediteranean cost, Cassis with the Calanques is a fantastic area, the boat ride is really impressive.
I remember this cold drink at the shade of the planetrees, by a pretty fountain, was a very relaxing moment for the three of us.
It is great to see the country side and the cost Provence !
Merci à bientôt

Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful day with Cecile exploring the Luberon villages. She picked us up in her very comfortable van at our ship which was docked in Marseilles, and from there we headed up to some of the most lovely villages we had ever seen. Conversation was easy and relaxed, and Cecile was so knowledgable about the region. And as a bonus, she had made us a lunch reservation at one of the most beautiful, delicious restaurants of our trip --in Gordes.
Loved Cecile and would highly recommend her!!

Tours-in-Provence, Propriétaire at Tours in Provence - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for your kind comment. It was great to welcome you in Provence.
Hope to see you back in the South of France to explore an other area with of course a good restaurant recommendation as you enjoy the french gastronomy. Best regards Cécile

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We visited the Luberon with Cécile in Sept of 2012 (sorry this is so late).
If you have any doubts about hiring a tour guide, you certainly do not need to worry about Cécile. She is a gem! VERY knowledgeable and makes your day perfect. This was certainly the highlight of my trip to France.
We started our day in Lourmarin and visited its château.
We then visited many small villages, my favorite one was Rousillon. I just loved our whole day! The only sad part is that we only had 1 day with her.
We would certainly hire her again :)

Cheers from Canada!

Bonjour ! Merci Gwen & Joe, it was great to share that day with you. It's true that the Camargue area is a fantastic region in Provence. As is a Natural Park the respect the wild life is very well balance with the fields of rise, wheat and wine... Thank you again for choosing my services, all the best

Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I and a friend took an 8 hour tour with Cecile to the Camargue to see the area and the village of Sts. Maries. It was 2 months ago, and I have been working and traveling since, but we were so impressed and so glad we had this wonderful experience. We so much enjoyed this area with all the nature and the flamingoes. The village café she took us to was lovely and the food delicious. I would recommend Cecile to anyone. It was one of our highlights on this 24 day trip. Many thanks Cecile. Joe and Gwen Houdart

Bonjour Kaye and Rolland,
Thank you for letting me know that you enjoy your day in Provence.
I will probably see you again then ! Look forward to welcome you again and to organize a tour with your friends in an other area as the Luberon I am sure you will like very much all the villages and the great countryside.
Merci again for sharing that day with me.